I need to find out some knowledge if anyone can help me Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Heather Barcoe, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Heather Barcoe

Heather Barcoe New Member

Name:
    Hev

I need to find out some knowledge if anyone can help me

I’m currently in the middle of getting my first puppy! A little staffy! He’s currently 8 days old but will be getting him at 8 weeks.
    The breeders have just informed me that dad is a full staff, and mum is a staff with dobermen bloodline somewhere, as the mum of the pups mum is 3/4 staff and 1/4 dobermen, I’m worried if my little staffy pup will be grow to be a massive dog like a dobermen? Or will he likely be full staff?
    I can’t seem to find anything on the internet for this so I hope someone can help me.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    berry likes this.
    It's impossible to predict the exact traits inherited by mixed-breeds, but if you’re that worried it would be advisable to go to a reputable breeder, who also does relevant health tests.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    berry likes this.
    Have you see the parents of your puppy?
    Assuming that you have, and they both look to be a normal Staffy size, I think your puppy is unlikely to grow to Doberman size - maybe just be a little higher on the leg. Make sure that you see at least the mother though, people will always tell you what they think you want to hear.
  5. Heather Barcoe

Name:
    Hev
    Hi, I have seen dad and mum, dad is full staff and mum has dobermen ears what it looks like but still looks fairly like a staff.
  6. Heather Barcoe

Name:
    Hev
    CaroleC likes this.
    Mum is white one.

Attached Files: