Is it cold at Crufts? Showing

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by katygeorge, Mar 5, 2014.

1. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's likes this.

Is it cold at Crufts?

This sounds so stupid but i dont want to end up carrying my coat or being baked alive in a big jumper.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    6JRT's likes this.
    generally no its not, it may be early in the morning, but as the day go on, it will get warmer, don't put to heavy a coat on, there are cloakrooms to put your coats and stuff if you need them.

Wear comfy shoes and watch your bag... do any shopping early as it gets busy as the day goes by.
  4. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    I found it quite warm in the halls the years I have been especially if wearing a warm coat.
  5. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    No. It gets very hot!!
  6. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Brill i will just wear a jumper and my rain mac. Im taking a backpak instead of my handbag as i cant be bothered carrying stuff. Wearing flat boots so should be comfy enough. Also going to pack my phone charger in the hope i can get a sneaky charge somewhere as it will die quick with me taking photos. Im so excited!!!

Thankyou everybody
  7. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Azz and Dogloverlou like this.
    im all bathed, clothes laid out, stuff for picnic bought, car fuelled up, dog checker booked, bag packed. Im ready!! i doubt i will sleep tonight im so excited. Have an old friend showing her bullmasiffs so be nice to see her and have a catch up, also meeting figo will be a highlight. I feel like a kid at christmas, my mums worried im going to end up being really disappointed and totally unimpressed.
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I try again I took my shopping trolley with me & I ended up filling it with the free samples, cat free samples & the buy one get one free stalls xxx
  10. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's likes this.
    properly gonna regret saying this as ild prob end up being a lier this time tomorrow, but i dont think ill come home with much. Food and treats - need to be cereal free or just meat, Shampoos ect - Cant use she has prescription shampoo, grooming tools - dont need due to her coat she only needs a zoom groom, bedding - got loads dont want anymore, collars and leads - im very happy with what i have and it doesnt need replacing, toys - she hardly touches what she has. so not sure what i could actually buy, but my hubby keeps saying ild find something
  11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's and katygeorge like this.
    I'm glad you haven't forgotten the sarnies :lol:

Don't forget to take loads of photos :)

I will post a Crufts 2014 thread up at midnight, ready for tomorrow :D
  12. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    6JRT's and katygeorge like this.
    Believe me, the first time I went, I was amazed and it by far exceeded my expectations. Although I did find it a little less exciting last year which is why I'm giving it a miss this year. Shopping galore, and yes, there is always something to buy! You really don't even get to see half of what is on. We didn't see one display and barely saw any breed rings. The whole time was spent wandering the halls and visiting Discover Dogs, although that gets VERY busy late morning into the afternoon.

Have fun! :)
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Try the wheat free natural dog food stalls they all do free samples or small bags for just £1 - £2 each normally 1lb or 2lb bags, I got lots of Veggie dog food samples for K9, (I must have the only dog that turns his nose up at meat) I also went to fish4dogs stalls had lots of tasters bags 20 bags for just £5.
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Got some photos of Crufts 2012 :-( can't go after all this year due to seizure I had over weekend, so will be glued to the tv x
  15. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's likes this.
    Ohh she loves fish for dogs but i dont get it very often as its quite expensive and it stinks (i hate fish with a passion) will have to get some of that. im sure i will manage to fil my rucksack and the car will be there hubby can alwasy make drop of trips
  16. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    Aww sorry to hear that. But don't worry, you are in good company - we'll be watching it live on youtube too :D

Also, feel free to start a thread (when you are feeling up to it) posting your photos in a 'Remembering Crufts 2012' thread :)