Is my mal a purebred? Questions

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Truviet, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Truviet

Truviet New Member

Name:
    Anhnhaque

Is my mal a purebred?

Hello All,
    I purchased a Mal puppy, he is 8 weeks old. This is my first Mal after my two German Shepherds. My question is, is he a pure Malinois? I got it for $2k from the breeder.

Please see images. I have attached the parents as well. The pup is on the shopping card. Cheers!

The reason I'm asking is because, I see other mal puppies on youtube and they are very active and foods motivated. My Mal seem lazy and not very foods motivated.

Any comments bus appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    did you get a pedigree?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Did you see the pup with its mother and litter-mates, or did you just see photographs of the pup and his parents?

The images of the parents are screenshots from Instagram whereas the photograph of the pup has been taken separately.
  5. Truviet

Truviet New Member

Name:
    Anhnhaque
    I'm not sure, it has the id# and the vaccine paperwork, it said breed type was Belgian Malinois
  6. Truviet

Truviet New Member

Name:
    Anhnhaque
    Hello Malka,
    Yes, you are correct. I did go to their house and pick up the puppy and saw the parents, but didn't take the pictures. The attached photos parents were screenshot from Instagram page and the puppy on the cart was taken from my phone. thanks!
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    The head and bone structure look more Gsd to me.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Are the two adult photos the parents?
    The puppy photo looks a bit too fluffy coated to my eye.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    It does look fluffier than would be expected of a pure-bred Mal - and I think the ear set is maybe slightly off a bit.
  10. Truviet

Truviet New Member

Name:
    Anhnhaque
    yes, the two adult photos supposed to be the parents according to the breeder. I'm feeling the same as well, he is not very active around the house and not very foods motivated.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    If you have paid a purebred price I would be inclined to invest in a dna test to identify his breed. I know that in the meantime you will probably become too attached to the puppy to return it, but if he is crossbred, you should have the evidence to be able to negotiate a refund. The basic Wisdom Panel test for breed is not very expensive, and the result only takes a couple of weeks to come back. The Embark test is dearer but gives more information - probably more than you need.
  12. Truviet

Truviet New Member

Name:
    Anhnhaque
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Thanks CaroleC!
    Infact, I'm about to order a DNA test kit for it. The breeder is adamant that his puppies are full blood Mal. Thanks, everyone!
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Please share your results when they arrive!