Is the dog eating your phone......... Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Trouble, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley

Is the dog eating your phone.........

classed as accidental damage?
    I bought a new phone case which arrived today, I was well pleased with it, it looked really good compared to the tatty old one. I bought a Samsung original flip case in a fetching shade of blue. Fitted it to the phone and put it on the dock to charge. Later on I left it on the arm of the sofa same as I do every night, Milan either took offence or took a fancy to it I dunno which but first I knew was when I found it on the rug with the case totally wrecked and the corner of the phone chewed to bits and the whole screen cracked top to bottom and left to right. Milan isn't a chewer, she's never chewed anything so what possessed her. I've never made a claim on my phone insurance ever but I've told the truth it's up to them what they make of it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Not having a fancy phone therefore no insurance on mine, I honestly would not know, but I hope your insurance company accept it as accidental damage.

Good luck!
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I don't have insurance as its cheaper to buy a new phone if anything happens to it
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I think it depends on the small print - let us know what they say!

Naughty Milan :lol:
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    My insurance comes with my banking package and a replacement phone is at least £300 so if possible I'd like the insurance to cough up and I'll pay the £50 excess. Other than that I'll buy a replacement, which will no doubt be quicker.
  7. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I tried to read the small print but tbh it just said you should take reasonable care of it lol so that could be their get out clause. Other than that it was don't leave it unattended, where it can be seen etc. No flipping mention of dogs eating it.I just don't know why? I've had it ages she's never shown any interest in it at all, it can only be the snazzy cover.
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Might have been the smell of rubber or plastic - do you have plastic or rubber toys for them? If so that might explain it :)
  9. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    If your phone insurance wont pay out your pet insurance may. I claimed on pet insurance when phoebe popped a bingo marker on a £500 rug. They paid
  10. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Milan doesn't do toys, it was a leather case with a plastic back. The original phone back is plastic too though :confused:
  11. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    She's not insured and to be fair has never cost me a bean,
    I'll just have to wait and see what they say.
  12. Bonni

Bonni Member

Name:
    Bonni
    Did you intend for your dog to chew it? No...its an accident then ;)
  13. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Let's hope someone with that attitude deals with the claim :lol:
  14. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Shirley how did you pay for it , most credit cards payments cover accidental damage for a short period.
    I remember my son once dropped his walkman onto the drive days after my buying it and Barclycard covered the cost of a new one.
  15. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    It's on a contract with o2 and it's about 14 months old, contracts are all for 2 years these days, so the only options are insurance or buy one outright to replace it I think.
  16. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    ahh I see, I have 'Pay as you go' so didn't think of that.
  17. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Azz likes this.
    Well they have accepted my claim, they want me to send it off to them and they will sort it within days, leaves me without a phone for 3 days though so I need to have a rummage and find an old one. I know we have a blackberry curve around somewhere that's fully operational it's just a case of finding it before I can send this one off. I can't be phoneless cos of my health issues.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Trouble likes this.
    That is good news Shirley and I hope you find your Blackberry pdq. I rarely use my mobile phone and I have kept my little Samsung for the same reason as you. It still works and is long since paid for, as is the little LG that I bought to replace it [the Samsung was too quiet for me to hear if it was in my bag when I was out] and I keep them both fully charged.

It is the same reason I have two landlines. The second one was originally for my fax machine [before I had a computer] and my emergency service speaker/amplifier is connected to that line, as well as a telephone which has the ring turned off so it does not disturb me if cold callers decide to chance their luck. My main number is not registered but the second line is, so that is the one that gets the nuisance calls but with no ring I cannot hear them to answer! :lol:

It also means that if my main line is down the second one is usually OK - it is very rare that both lines go down at the same time.
  19. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    lol I wish my landline was silent, no matter what I do I still get plaqued by ppi calls. I'm shocked the Samsung is still working even it does scratch my face to speak on it. I'm mid rummage and haven't found it yet but I definitely saw it when I was decorating and no doubt put it somewhere safe. Just need to remember where that was :roll:
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Trouble likes this.
    I get told off by my men for going out without my mobile all the time, I tell them I got most important thing a credit card then bolt out door.
  21. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I very nearly bled to death in 2011 cos I didn't have my phone actually on me at home and had a massive pv bleed which lead to me having a stroke. Then in 2013 I had a second stroke while home alone and the only way I could summon help was with my mobile phone. My family would kill me if I didn't have it on my person at all times. I even sleep with it under my pillow. Stupid thing is to look at me you'd never think there was anything wrong with me at all, I look perfectly fit and healthy.
    I've now found the spare so once it's charged up I'll be able to send the knackered one off to be replaced.