It's grandma!!! Videos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Oct 18, 2019.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Malka and Chris B like this.

It's grandma!!!

My mother walked in the door... This is how Malone says hi. Typical Malone.

He is about 40 lbs now... Runs ultra fast and can jump like a rabbit. Still an ultra high energy little maniac. He still has several baby teeth. I guess he's approaching 6 months old now.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    I do not know whether to laugh at Malone or what - your mother trying to get in with him leaping all over the place and on her. He seems seems to sprout up and get more and more energetic with each video you post - it is exhausting watching just watching him!

With all that rushing and leaping it is a wonder he has not knocked everything over - including your poor mother.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I know you guys probably often think I'm lying about Malone's energy. I assure you that I am NOT. My mother stood there and allowed me to film the incident. He is not large enough to knock her over yet, but he does knock over many items.

He's just a really happy and excitable puppy. It IS exhausting to deal with him, which is probably why I haven't been able to make much progress in trying to calm him.
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Have you considered trying CBD?
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Do you mean cannabis oil? If so... It is illegal in the state of GA. I'm not going looking for it.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    It’s not cannabis oil, it’s hemp oil, and I’m pretty sure it’s legal in every state in the US now. It contains no THC, which is what gets you “high”.
    It is now legal to grow hemp in every state, a new federal law, where as it isn’t legal to grow cannabis in every state.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yes the hemp form is 100% legal. I haven't tried it. Perhaps I should? Never used anything like that. Is it okay to use on a puppy? I don't feel like trying to calm a puppy using something like that is good for him... But if you've had good results... Maybe it is worth a try.
  9. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I have not used it for a “mildly, or wildly” out of control puppy, put have used it on an old dog with a bad shoulder.

I stopped by my favorite pet store today because the local CBD dog ladies (they have a local company that makes CBD treats and oil tincture for dogs and cats) were there today. I asked them about using it for a puppy like yours and they said he’s plenty old enough and it would likely help calm him down. I would suggest trying it, it won’t harm him and will hopefully help. I don’t know about where you are, but here, their company will refund your money if you’re not happy with the product. Let me know if you try it, and how it works. Good luck
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    There is a store a half hour away from me that sells these products. Maybe I will go and have a look tomorrow. I was shooting a video earlier with Nigredo and Malone with my flash in the dark. Nigredo's eyes glowed the normal green color. Malone's an odd reddish color. Then I remember that his embark said he had PRA-PRCD and that he will eventually go blind.

With that said, I guess I can take solace in the fact that he won't be mega hyperactive for the majority of his life. Once his vision begins to go, whenever it decides to... He will slow down big time... But there goes the challenge of having a blind dog.

Basically it guarantees that Malone will be a handful and a challenge his entire life... Which isn't exactly thrilling to think about.