Jadey Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Mar 5, 2017.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Jadey

She's quite old now. About 13-14 years old. Hasn't been thriving really for a while. Very moody etc. She's always been moody but it's worse. She's lost weight and walks oddly like myelopathy or something for a while now. Not sure what it is.

She's gone off her food a bit and has a very large lump under her belly that is getting larger quickly. She's begun to favor that side. She has a vet appointment for next week. We aren't going to pay hundreds of $$ for tests and operations. We can't even if we wanted to.

I have a feeling euthanizing her will be our best option. Anyway just thought to post this. The lump is now grapefruit sized. There are several others.. She's always had lots of mammary tumors but this one is getting bad FAST which is what happened to a small knot my last dog had. He was euthanized that day due to it being inoperable and him being 15+ years old.

Unfortunate but we are prepared for there being nothing else we can do. I expect needing to euthanize her TBH. I'll take along my camera and whatnot same as I did when I took Brownie for what I was pretty sure would be his last visit.... And was.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    mjfromga likes this.
    Sad news...Sometimes taking the hard choice is the right thing to do...
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    :022:Nothing I can say really - it is just so very sad but you must do what you know is best for Jade, just as you did for Brownie. (((hugs)))
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    mjfromga likes this.
    So sorry. It's always so hard.
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I will admit that she always had issues.. We got her at 4 weeks only to save her from being drowned by a breeder. We honestly didn't want her but she did help change our mentality towards dogs and we did end up loving her. People here don't treat dogs they just end up with very well and we were the same way TBH.

I will admit also that I never was particularly attached to her (I've always preferred males and females I just don't bond with well) and as I've stated many times recently, have lost most of my affinity for dogs, but if she has to be put down, it'll be weird to never see her again.

[​IMG]

This is how I'll remember her... That facial expression suits her so well.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    That is a lovely picture Myra - you should frame it so you always remember her that way.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    mjfromga likes this.
    She is beautiful, and it is good to be able to remember her that way.
    I think you know in your mind when the time is right. Never an easy decision though.
  9. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    You saved her life as a pup and gave her the years she would never have had, that was a very good thing indeed. My deepest sympathies for your situation