just joined this group,thinking of another Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Sal, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally

just joined this group,thinking of another Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup

Hi,
    Thinking of buying a staffy pup,later on next year maybe march april time,I really miss my old girl. :-(

What lines would you consider buying a pup from?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kerrie

Kerrie New Member

Name:
    kerrie
    one that is from parents tested for L2 and PHPV/HC :)
  4. Bobby-Digital

Bobby-Digital New Member

if you are going to buy a KC registered staffy then go for the old time of staffords. Thats what i would do anyway go to Google and type in COSMOS STAFFORDS. There you will see some really nice examples of healthy looking staffies like they were supposed to look but are also kennel club registered.
  5. Laura

Laura New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I totally agree, make sure you are fully aware of all the health problems facing the breed and only buy from tested parents. The type you prefer is solely down to you, perhaps you can name some dogs you admire to give us a better idea of what lines you may prefer :)
  6. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    There are so many i admire,i like a nice strong bitch,as close to the standard as you can get.
    The lines i like are crashkon,valglo,crossguns,those sort of lines.

I thought i had found a half decent litter to be born after christmas but the stud dog was eye tested only and the bitch had no tests at all,i apoligised and said i wanted both parents eye tested clear and L2 tested and needed to see the proof,yet it was me that felt guilty about wasting there time.

Yet the person who owns the stud dog is a judge thought he would have known better.

Sal
  7. Kerrie

Kerrie New Member

Name:
    kerrie
    what colour do you like? and i will ask about and get back to you
  8. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Hi Kerrie,
    not really bothered about colour so long as everything else is good.

Sal
  9. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    i agree about the colour thing! i love all the colours, im a sucker for the reds and brindle thous lol! but i would never go on just colour!
  10. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    so r u looking for a show type stafford then? instead of a leggy one more lean stafford? So do you want it kennel club reg?
    Ill keep an eye out! I personally thing the best looking staffords around are

http://www.ghostlyease.co.uk/

but i dont know if this is what you are look for!
  11. dennysmum

dennysmum New Member

There is a Champ show coming up in Wales soon (20 Nov)
    Maybe if its not too far you could go along and get a real good look at a few different dogs and have a chat to a few breeders.
    I was suprised at how different the dogs looked in the flesh when i saw them.
    If you are not in that area there is a show in the North area in Jan.

Im glad its not me looking as i wouldnt know where to start :confused: ,They are all so nice..
    :smt049
  12. Solidstaffs

Solidstaffs New Member

Name:
    Craig and Lorna
    In my opinion they are some fantastic lines, and you wont go far wrong with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier from any of the lines you have mentioned ;-)

Good luck and i hope you find the puppy you want :grin: