Just met my first Northern Inuit!! :0) General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by lilypup, May 18, 2010.

1. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire

Just met my first Northern Inuit!! :0)

Out on our usual walk and met a lady with a gorgeous lab, husky and jrtXchihuahua. Lily was having a lovely game with the jrtX when suddenly this beautiful creature appeared by my side.

I've never met an NI before so and I was completely bowled over by his size (he was so tall!) and just how stunning looking he was! Didn't really get much of a chance to speak with the owners unfortunately but he was only a young dog, possible a year old judging from what I heard. I was too busy making friends with him and the other dogs!:grin:

He was very friendly and didn't turn a hair when Dylan grumbled at him for being too close. :roll: To watch this dog run was something else as he had this effortless kind of gambol is the best way I can think to describe it! Lily tried her best to keep up but failed miserably!! :lol:

I'm so glad I finally had the chance to meet one after hearing so much about them on here. :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Congratulations, they are gorgeous dogs and you cannot go anywhere without comments xxxxx

I wonder whom the beautiful beast was, it is a pretty small world in the land of the NIDs, in people knowing each others dogs from forums, etc

Ref size they vary greatly, there are the giants, (sounds like this dog was one of those, ) and there are the regular sized ones (GSD size) xxxxxxx
  4. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    Some are gorgeous! Although not a dog I would have.
    I met one the other day...I thought he was a badly bred Mal, well he was in a way they said he was an NI. Looked very badly put together and not a great temprement either.
    Though have met a couple of fantastic ones in the past. Thats the problem, they are all so different.
  5. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    he sounds lovely :grin:

your welcome to meet mine anytime...although she must be the new size variety,(23kg) is she the toy version? lol.;-) :mrgreen:
  6. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    And the odd smaller ones!! Though I think these are a minority, even though there may be a couple owned on the forum.
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    lol...you would think she weighed more if u met her.....and she is bigger and longer than my sibes(and heavier albeit by 2kg) ;-) :mrgreen:
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Xxxxxxxxxxx Have you ever put pics of her on the forum? I don't remember seeing her? Xxxxxxx
  9. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :grin:

i have....here she is again,if u want to have a looksie?;-) :mrgreen:

[​IMG]
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Awww bless her, she looks so innocent xxxx Thanks for the pic, I am sure I haven't seen her before xxxxx
  11. akitagirl

akitagirl New Member

Name:
    Lucie
    Aw you lucky thing, I'm still yet to get up close and personal with an Inuit, I'm dying to meet one, they're truly beautiful! The nearest I got was out of my car window!
  12. bugzy

bugzy New Member

Name:
    kelz
    They are stunning dogs aren't they Lillypup.. I was lucky enough to be invited to Sansorrella's house to meet some of her dogs and I thought they were great. :)
  13. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :grin:

did you meet Quest?(even tho she isnt an N,I)
  14. bugzy

bugzy New Member

Name:
    kelz
    Is Quest the csv? If so then yes I met her too :)
  15. murph

murph New Member

Name:
    James
    How was quest? I will be getting a CSV from the same line
  16. bugzy

bugzy New Member

Name:
    kelz
    To be honest Murph I only saw the dogs for a few hours, and a lot of that time was spent coo'ing over the puppies:lol:, and the lovely Timber :mrgreen:
    I dont really feel qualified to give you a valid appraisal of Quest, as I dont know the breed standard etc..
    But from what I saw, she was very nice to look at.. She seemed more aloof than the NI's to start with.. although she wasn't scared or anything like that.. She seemed like she was weighing me up before deciding if I was worthy enough to give her a fuss lol. I felt very honoured when she came over for a sniff of me and let me stroke her :)

Quest is lovely, But it was Timber that stole my heart.. that boy is just stunning.
  17. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    aww :grin: she is my boys sister :lol:
    spot on Bugzy...thats how csv's are supposed to be...once your friends tho,you will never be forgotten;-) :mrgreen:

sorry this went slightly o/t :blush: :blush:
  18. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I bet! He had such presence and as they are not a common breed I should think plenty of people want to stop and talk! :001:

It sounds like he was a giant as he was far taller than a Shepherd. I was struck with the difference in his face shape, so angular. He was a really handsome dog! :grin:

I only know what I've heard on here about them and I just felt really lucky to have met such a wonderful specimen. :grin:

Oh don't tempt me!! :grin: I think the phrase 'poetry in motion' is pretty apt to describe their movement so I would be happy to just sit back and watch your girl! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm really hoping I get to see him again. I'll certainly be asking more questions then and maybe try and get a photo to show you guys! That would be great!:mrgreen:

You were lucky!! It's nice when you meet a dog that just bowls you over. (not literally thank goodness! :lol: ) I'd just met a LabXRottie that I wanted to take home so my wishlist is now getting longer!! :lol: :lol: