Kathy Hancock nee Yoxall (CKCS Rescue) General Chat

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by Trixybird, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy

Kathy Hancock nee Yoxall (CKCS Rescue)

Kathy Yoxall

Kathy Hancock nee Yoxall (Bonnyglen ) died peacefully at Heath Hospital on Monday 27th May 2002 Kathy had suffered poor health for several years but still retained her keen interest in Cavaliers. Her last judging appointment was at Richmond Championship Show in 1989. She had a razor sharp mind and liked nothing better than a chat and had a great sense of humour. Kathy first started showing Cavaliers in the late 50's her Bonnyglen dogs were influential sires in the late 60's and early 70's the most well known being Bonnyglen Jasper of Blagreaves. He was the sire of Molly Coakers Ch Homaranne Andy Capp and Anne Easts Ch Nastane Madame Cholet. Kathy had a keen eye for a good dog and sent several good Cavaliers to her friends in Australia and Europe. It was so typical of Kathys foresight and caring nature that she soon saw the need for a rescue organisation for unwanted Cavaliers and was one of the people who were instrumental in the formation of the Cavalier Club Rescue. Kathy also recognised the benefit of educating future judges and initiated and organised the "first teach-in " for the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club in 1977. Whilst researching my first cavalier "Simba" the other evening, I came across this and wondered if any others would be interested. She owned the sire Rytonion King Arther at Bonnyglen ( Simba's Dad)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Lovely thread Trace :) it's nice to see the history of the breed and how much people have give their time for it :) I think we should give something back when it's been so good to us :)
  4. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    Yes this is a lovely thread Tracy i love to read about the History of the cavaliers we will have to see if any of Simba,s names are on my dogs ped,s that would be good to look up Ch Homaranne Andy Capp was on one of my cavs ped back in the 70s.
  5. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Molly Coakers Ch Homaranne Andy Capp

Is a beautiful dog he had a very successful show career, winning 13 Challenge Certificates and 3 Toy Groups. He was a beautifully marked dog and a credit to the breed :)
  6. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    Oh yes Jean you will find him in a lot of pedigrees :) he was an excellent stud :)
  7. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    I really enjoy researching :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008