Keep cool, Gwylim style! Photos

Discussion in 'Miniature Schnauzer' started by Pork1epe1, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara

Keep cool, Gwylim style!

It's only half seven in the morning but the temperature outside is already 29C and much too hot to go "walkies" and Georgina and Gwylim have spent the past few days just lounging around in the house where it's cooler. Yesterday evening I tried to take them up the garden to play under the walnut tree but even so it was too hot and they both gave up and because of the lack of shade Gwylim decided to lie ...... under Georgina's tummy!

SAM_1093.JPG
    SAM_1095.JPG
    SAM_1091.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Aw Bless! They really have become the best of friends, haven'y they?
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Typical male dog to find a shaded area even if its under "sister's" tummy
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    That's one intelligent dog!
  6. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Lol that's so cute.

Do they have heat intolerance? How hot does it get for the high if it's already that hot in the early morning?
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Georgina thinks Gwylim's the best thing that's ever happened to her! She lets him to get away with murder, jumping all over her, pulling her her ears and generally making himself a nuisance. She's also quite protective of him. I had to laugh the other day when a bad mannered dog, snarled and lunged at him, Georgina who'd been sitting by my my side quietly got up and put herself between Gwylim and the dog as if to say "If you mess with my little brother you'll have me to answer to"!

Being a Shar-Pei, Georgina can't stand extremely hot weather. She's fine up to 27C (85F), anything over that and I limit her exercise. Normally Gwylim has no problem but even he's beginning to wilt a little! I live in Central Europe and the moment we're in the middle of a heatwave with temperatures of 40C (104F) plus. The village I live in in, is in a valley and traps the heat, so there's little difference in the temperature between day and night. .In summer it's always a few degrees higher than the surrounding area, and in winter it's colder.and often we'll be the only village for miles around that has snow.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not "do" heat - so how I survived without air conditioning I do not know. As Tikva has only just had her first puppy shot the only time she goes out is on my lap to go to the macolet across the road.

Thank crunchie for puppy pads.
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Nice to see them together. Mine hate each other but my Jade is noticeably calmer when Nigredo is with her so there's something comforting about having a large male dog that you KNOW is not a threat to you with you. It's been over 90 degrees F here every day for quite some time lately so I keep a pool outside for Nigredo, who is crossed with Great Pyrenees and doesn't do well in the heat, either.