Kennel cough!! Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by katygeorge, Nov 26, 2014.

1. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy

Kennel cough!!

Phoebe has kennel cough, only mild as she has the vaccine but even though im not happy. I didnt know it was as easy to catch as the vet has said. My brothers dogs had it, they were at Dads in his garden, then Dads dogs have gone in garden and caught it, coughed on me and ive brought it home to Phoebe on my clothes. Having to change my clothes just before i leave the house as cant pass it on to my dog walk customers. Worst bit is that its made her be a bit of her food and with her weight loss i dont want her skipping meals. Shes eating now but not the full meal in one go, half her breakfast is still in her bowl now and its time for her lunch. The coughing has eased off now but maybe her throat is still sore. Ive been giving her vitamin c tabs to help as dont want anti-biotics as each course comes with a skin and ear kick off so really isnt worth it for a cough. She has till friday to make a improvement before i go to full on freak out mummy mode. Its one thing after another with Phoebe
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Poor Phoebe and poor you. I have to be honest and know nothing about Kennel Cough so cannot give you any advice.

All I can do is send both Phoebe and you some (((hugs))) and hope this ends as soon as possible. xx
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Poor Phoebe,
    Ive found benylin for chesty coughs (In red box) really helps, only use it if the cough is dry, if they are bring up snotty flem then do not use it as it is a cough suppressant and they need to cough to clear the mucus in that case.
    Or liquorice root infusion & honey
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I always use Children's Buttercup syrup for my dogs at the first signs of them coughing.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Best wishes to poor Phoebe, I hope she gets well soon. What a problem for you Katy - all that clothes changing. There is nothing as good as freezing temperatures for killing bugs, so hopefully this years outbreak will soon be over.
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Poor Phoebe ... and poor you!