Kilo the Akita General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Lanea Bargas, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Lanea Bargas

Lanea Bargas New Member

Name:
    Lanea Bargas
    Malka and CaroleC like this.

Kilo the Akita

Before I even begin to brag about my big fur baby, I was not the one who came up with her name but I still love her and she seems to like it so I went along with it Lol. With that being said I absolutely love Akitas and they are my number one breed choice. The day I went to pick her up I had never really been responsible for my own dog before (yes I know everyone says not to get this breed as a first time owner, I read that in about 10 articles before getting her) but my mind was already set. Of course I was quickly shown how stubborn and hard headed this breed is, but because of that I have learned how to have patience and how to really show and also get respect from a dog. My fur baby rises above all the bad characteristics of the Akita. She is good with kids, loves other dogs no matter what size, breed or gender.(she goes to the dog park minimum of twice a week but in all honesty I think i might enjoy it way more than she does lol)Of course she has her weaknesses- she doesn't like me to pee or shower without the door open, she has the weirdest fear of scooters and bikes, and she likes to chase all the cats in the neighborhood. Despite the little or even the big things that she does to make me crazy, this dog has my entire heart. She is my best friend and I couldn't be more thankful for this four legged wolf dog!!
    41D85B9B-D86B-4796-9742-4C1ECBA75222.jpeg 2F6F40BB-2A32-4D4E-B688-A450D321FCFA.jpeg A859C069-76C4-4A6F-932F-6EC194DB05F4.jpeg B9A5DC0B-CC6B-4B62-80C5-AAF151280629.jpeg A85E947C-DE3C-4331-98A3-773050836A72.jpeg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hi Laura, welcome to the forum. Such nice photos of your sweet dogs. There are several Akita fans on here, but not present all the time.
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Hi Lanea, There are not many Akita owners own here, unfortunately.. My Akita Bandit came with the name Kilo from his breeder. Just a word of caution, just because she does well with other dogs now doesn’t mean it will last.. I use to take Bandit to the dog park (which I never planned on doing, and never did with my previous Akita) and he had a great time, for awhile. I think he was 9 months old when we stopped going. He wouldn’t start things, but he also wouldn’t be submissive to ANY other dog, older, bigger, meaner looking... So if another dog wanted to start something he was more than ready to go at it. It never escalated too far because I kept my eye on him, and just grabbed his harness and pulled him away. The harness was nice because I could grab it on his back and keep my hands farther from their mouths, and teeth.. The last time at the park he got into it with a similar aged unfixed male Akita.. Bandit was fixed. I should have known better and not let him off leash with that Akita there.. I eventually got Bandit his own friend, another Akita who is his 1/2 sister. He was very friendly with other dogs and often trying to get them to play on our walks but now he is very protective of his sister. They can really test you as they get older. Starting at around a year or slightly older. My first Akita drove me nuts for at least a year, testing, pushing, being a teenager.. He ended up being just an awesome dog (except for the separation anxiety, which was my fault). He was so awesome I now have two Akitas!! My younger dog, Katie Mae, is just an angel, so easy going with me, listens so well, much better than her older brother. I wonder when/if she will have that pain in the neck faze.. Let me know if I can be of any help..