Konrad the Mystery Dog - Dutch? Questions

Discussion in 'Dutch Shepherd Dog' started by Kovalad, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Kovalad

Kovalad New Member

Name:
    Amanda

Konrad the Mystery Dog - Dutch?

Hi everyone! We have had Konrad for 3 years now, and he's been a major mystery to us ever since. None of the vets we've been to or people we've encountered are sure what he is. We've heard people ask if he was a Belgian shepherd, Pit bull mix, Malinois, and tons of others. We've always sort of guessed German Shepherd/Pit mix, but when someone urged us to look into the Malinois I started research. I just don't really see enough Mal in him to see the connection. But while researching the Mal I came across this video about Dutch Shepherds:
    Immediately saw an uncanny resemblance between these dogs and Konrad. After further research into the breed his traits, weight, build and personality are just too similar for me to not wonder if this might be him. He is medium sized, shorter than a German shepherd, and 68 pounds with a light sandy brindle coat. His chest is deep and all defined muscle. His belly is tucked up high, his waist cinched, and his chest cavity comes down much lower than his stomach. His paws are pretty small for his size and he is extremely fast and agile. He is a JUMPER. He can jump 5 feet from dead standstill up onto our deck or over a tall fence with grace and agility. He does it like it is just breathing to him. He also has a need to herd/chase things that resemble farm animals. Anything from deer to horses to pigs and sheep, you can feel his muscles quiver and his mind begin to work towards needing to move them. He is also just a general weirdo and unlike any dog we have ever encountered. In the video I posted about, the first image of the laying dog is 100 percent Konrad, save for the fact his coat is a lighter sandy color and he does not have the dark black mask on his face. He also had white markings on his chest and 1 foot. We are extremely curious to know if he is or has any Dutch in him. Any input would be appreciated. I also apologize as I know photos and descriptions aren't really all you need to correctly identify a dog, but I would like to know if at least anyone else can see it in him at all. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Welcome Amanda :023:

At first glance I'd have said GSD cross... maybe with a Dutch or Mal? :lol: