"Labernese" General Chat

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog' started by SLB, May 4, 2011.

1. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee

"Labernese"

My MIL told me on my way to training class (as she drives me) that in Canada (I think) they have been researching the best breeds to work with Autistic children (being as she is the mother to an autistic child) apparently they have gone through all these breeds and have found that Labs x BMD's are the best to have around autistic kids.

I can't find the study on the net - perhaps one of you can?

I want to know how many breeds or crosses they went through to find out that this one cross is perfect..

Benjie is wonderful with Mark - Mark talks to him, he torments him and gets told by him, but the bond they have is amazing and Mark has come out of his shell a lot more since they got Benjie - Benjie is a plain mutt.

Sadie and Louie have also helped Mark and his speech is more and more recognisable (to me) everyday. And even the Shih Tzu Missy taught him to be gentle over the weekend - it looked very sweet!

There was a Springer doing an excellent job of helping and Autistic girl at Crufts this year..

So what do you think? Labernese?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Look on the mixed breed section Chaz posted on the mix yesterday.,
  4. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Oh someone beat me to it - I should've looked there first :roll: numpty - my brain's not with me lately!
  5. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Wheres it gone?
  6. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    I saw a tv programme about them. Probably the same one