Local fun dog show Showing

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, Apr 19, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC and Azz like this.

Local fun dog show

A big cheer went up when the judge at a local fun dog show, chooses giant breeds over popular breeds of dog,
    Handsome dog:
    1st Brindle coloured Bull mastiff
    2nd Grey (gray) coloured Newfoundland
    3rd St Bernard

When the judge choosed these dogs, everyone stopped to see what the people were cheering at, some even ran over to the showring to see what was happening.
    Even the prettiest bitch round saw 3 giant breeds winning
    1st fawn Great Dane
    2nd black/white Newfoundland
    3rd red Bullmastiff

The owners of the popular breeds of dogs were not happy at all, they were moaning that top 3 places were taken by giant breeds & not their dogs.

I really enjoyed seeing the giant breeds winning it made my day, even more so when K9, Ziva & Skye came 1st 2nd & 3rd in the terrier group & Kobi won fancy dress round, dressed as a "hot dog" Zeus came 2nd dressed as "superdog" with Dottie coming 3rd in a dog Skelton outfit.
    In all a superb day out.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    I love giant breeds :049:

I hope you took photos of your dogs in fancy dress :D
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz likes this.
    No as I didn't take me camera & still cant operate mobile camera, but am going to another local dog show in 6 weeks time & fingers cross will have camera with me xx
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    This is photo of Kobi winning fancy dress in his "hot dog costume" Kobi winning last year at different dog show, photo was taken in patio area at home as forgotten to take camera, well did remember to take dogs food water bowls cooling mats but not camera.
    hotdog1.jpeg
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.
    Glad you had a good day Tina, shame some owners take it to serious x
  7. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    6JRT's likes this.
    i don't understand why people seem to expect to win, surely everyone should expect an equal chance and if there's only 3 places and say 10 entrants it follows there will be more that aren't placed than those that are. Why can't people just be happy for each other, it's meant to be fun.
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Yes it was only an fun dog show at a rescue home, not a KC dog show, but some owners don't realise this, specially the Labrador & Springer owners, they were standing there with their dogs head in one hand & holding the dog tails out in other hand showing their dogs off, the rest of us were sitting/kneeing on grass being mugged by our dogs, the beautiful male Mastiff that won was actually playing with K9 & Zeus - well splattering them with his hugh paws, the judge looked over just as he landed his hugh paw on top of Zeus flattening to the ground, he was only 10 months old & just wanted to play all the time.
  9. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Glad you had a nice day and won some ribbons. They have a fun dog show at the country shows i work at every few weeks and some people dont seam to notice the word fun in the title