Lush's campaign against animal testing Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by katygeorge, Jun 24, 2014.

1. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy

Lush's campaign against animal testing

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Possibly because it is on a blog. I post news articles on Dogsey and many of the interesting articles I get cannot be used because they are on blogs, therefore I cannot link to them.
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Go ahead and post that one Malka ;)

Thanks for posting it Katy! Sooner we end animal testing like this, the better :(
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz, I am talking about the News Threads I post on Dogsey. I can give them a title, copy and paste a section, then when it comes to "Article and photographs here..." and I put a link to the article in, if it is from a blog the link is automatically cut so cannot be followed.

So I cannot post them.

I completely agree. I know that everything I buy from iHerb in California is marked "not tested on animals".
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    You can post it in the News Section Malka :)
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tried it Azz and the link is still automatically cut as there is the word "blog" in the link as in the link Katy gave, so nobody can follow it to read the rest of the article.

Can be posted on Breedia but there is an automatic cut on Dogsey - like Dogsey automatically puts 'another site' if anyone mentions Facebook.
  8. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I just tried it and it works fine - go ahead and post it and I'll edit the link if need be ;)
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thanks Azz! The thing is I can only post articles that come in and which I think might be of interest, and although I do keep a few "in stock" as it were, after 2-3 days they are no longer news therefore I delete them.

And of course I have no idea what is going to come in - I do not go searching through the media for dog stories, the ones I post are sent to me and I discard most of them, only keeping and/or posting the ones that I think might be good for the News Section.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz likes this.
    Just posted one Azz and the link went through perfectly! :)
  11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    That one seems more like an article than news tbh Malka... maybe run the blog items by me first just in case they are not 'news' :D

Thanks babes!
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Sorry about that - it was more of an experiment really [go and sit on the norty step Malka] but now I know that I can post links to blog articles I will make sure they are posted in the correct place.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A brave stand by the artist. The general public have no idea of what goes on, so any publicity helps. So many people think that animal testing has ceased.
  14. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    I though that, im not sure i could have put myself through it it looks horrific
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    These links and the BUAV site give lists of which companies do and do not use animal testing, which allow an informed decision about which products one can use with a clear conscience.
    The news that China is working on an animal free testing method is welcome, but it's hard to reconcile this with the news that the Yulin slaughter of 10,000 dogs took place two days early to pre-empt the international outcry.
  17. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Find china doing anything for animals except pandas unlikely based on some of the documentarys ive seen.