Make me fall in love - Affenpinschers General Chat

Discussion in 'Affenpinscher' started by SLB, Dec 28, 2010.

1. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee

Make me fall in love - Affenpinschers

Mother*ship please make me fall in love with them - I want to but you don't see many pictures of them here..and any other Affenpinscher owners please post pictures for me to see :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    my sister wants one... personally i dont like them, well not not like them but theyre not a breed i would go for if you get me lol :lol:
  4. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Same with me! But I want to try and fall in love or at least into a "I like them but could never own one" kind of phase :)
  5. Luke

Luke New Member

Why if you aren't keen?:lol: We all have breeds we aren't keen on or wouldn't go for.
  6. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Because my OH calls me a dog nazi or a dog-ist :( :lol:
  7. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    theres alot of breeds i wouldnt own and arent ashamed to say i dont like them. like i dont particularly like the majority of the terrier group.. theres a couple id have, but not many.
  8. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    I am not a toy breed person but if I was going for a toy breed this would be one I would seriously consider. They are cute to look at feisty but friendly and so funny I have a dog walking friend who rescued one and she now has a puppy as well.
  9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I like them, was talking with a lady at windsor show with them - were swapping breed stories! :lol: They were so friendly.
  10. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I feel shallow if I say I don't like a breed - yet I tend to like those dogs that are classed as "ugly" - DdB's, CC's to name a couple :lol:. However I will say I have been swayed by a couple of pugs on here but I wouldn't own one
  11. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Argh! Can't believe I missed this! Why didn't someone PM me?????

First SLB, of course you have a perfect right not to like any breed of dog but what's not to like about Affens? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So if I am to make any headway in converting you I need to know what it is about them you object to? As you say you are attracted to some of the less obviously attractive breeds but is it their looks? Or size? Or temperament?

So I shall start with what I like about them...
    • they are small, but 'cobby',
    • friendly but not obsequious,
    • busy but not manic,
    • feisty but not too 'terrierish',
    • unusual but not inbred

...and for me the looks tick all the boxes, black, scruffy, cutest face in the world but with a breed standard that states they must not have breathing difficulties. And finally I found a breeder who lives relatively nearby, breeds for health and temperament primarily and is a lovely person!

Not saying my boys are perfect, Gozo is not stocky enough, he is the offspring of a dog imported from the US to widen the gene pool so threw out a couple of surprises. And Enzo has a bit of a Napoleon complex that we are working on! :blush:

Have I made any progress? Anything else I need to work on to convince you?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I forgot to mention trainable, Enzo is doing really well at agility and we hope to enter some competitions next year, he's not the fastest dog but only goes wrong if I handle wrong - an unfortunately frequent occurrence! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ETA I don't understand why they are not more common?

J.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  12. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Forgot to say that a few breeds I haven't been into have converted me when I meet one, for example a lovely pug who was at the Affen garden party! Don't think I'd ever have one myself but I always take every opportunity to fuss any I see now!

So what you really need to do is to come and visit!

J.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  13. Milk maid

Milk maid New Member

Name:
    Lynda
    Well I think they look lovely, and by the sound of them I would love to have one (or 2:) ) around.
  14. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Thank you...and that's another good thing about them, because they are small there is always room for another...;-)

J.
  15. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    my sister really wants one, and is currently saving for her own.

im a bit wierd really i dont like many of the toy breeds, even though i have one. i think im really a big dog fan but dont tell my two :lol:

i dont know why you dont see many about, you see plenty at shows but never out in the park. its the same with cresteds.
  16. gsdgirl:-)

gsdgirl:-) New Member

Name:
    KRISTIE
    OMG they are beautiful!:grin:
    How cute are those little faces!??
  17. Sarah88

Sarah88 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Ooh... There's my boys! Oh how we have missed them! (And I note Pepper sneaking into a pic there... :lol:)

Affens are FABULOUS! Had never met any until I met J's but now am fully converted! :mrgreen: Gorgeous and totally feisty! And more than capable of keeping up with my mad collie! :lol:

Love 'em :mrgreen:

xoxox
  18. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    What good taste! (I can recommend a lovely breeder if she doesn't mind traveling!;-) )

Thank you and exactly!

Miss you guys too! (been walking a couple of Goldies in Gunners that Kia would lurve!)

J.
  19. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    i dont think she would mind travelling. shes starting to rethink it though because of what she is studying at college. she was thinking of a bigger dog but if you can convince her that they are hardy little creatures.

she is doing adventure sports at college so wants a dog that can walk long distances, maybe swim etc.

also maybe some more pictures will help her convince herself :grin:
  20. Mother*ship

Mother*ship New Member

Name:
    J
    Ah, maybe not an Affen then! I do know a couple that swim but they have to be coaxed into it, my 2 hate the nasty wet stuff, which I have to say I count as an advantage!

J.
  21. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    im not sure she would want it to swim im just guessing. she wants to do adventure sports as an instructor. but im presuming she would take it with her? shes big on fitness and stuff. how about running along next to a bike? im not sure how long they would excercise for. i know the cresteds are happy to have none, but will go for as long as you want them to.