May be of interest to GSD owners General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Helena54, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Old and Moobli like this.

May be of interest to GSD owners

Hi all, found a nice site on german shepherds which is very interesting, so thought you might like to see it:
    http://www.kraftwerkk9.com/

They have a brilliant training video on there if you can find it, it's in 6 different stages :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Hi Helen, wow just seen some of the videos and the dogs are truely amazing :grin: They are very tuned in to their owners :)

Thanks for that :grin: Is the training vid an explanatory one?
  4. maplecottage

maplecottage New Member

Hi Helen

Just found my way in :grin:
  5. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Don't think so Tj, I think it's just to show us what they can do, aren't they brilliant those dogs! I love watching them training like that, an I think there are 6 videos in all, did you find them all? :grin:
  6. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Old likes this.
    Yep found loads and they were brilliant :grin: some of them looked like the dogs were attached to the owner they were so close and tuned in :grin: absolutely amazing :grin:
  7. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Old likes this.
    Yes tj, oh to have a dog like that hey? Truly amazing.

I once had an army chap round to a house I was renting and he had a g.s.d. with him. He made the dog sit at the front gate whilst he came to the door to chat to me. Unfortunately the person he wanted didn't live there any more, but I had a great chat with him about his wonderfully obedient dog, who sat at that gate with eyes fixed on his owner for about an hour (well, you know how I can talk! :grin: ) he never moved! Don't think either of mine would have done that somehow! :lol:
  8. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Old likes this.
    Fantastic Helen :grin: That's what I call obedient dogs.

Wonder if I can get my 2 to that standard. Suppose I'll carry on dreaming :roll:
  9. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    There is no way I'd get Barney to sit still like that for 5 mins let alone an hour Helen :lol: :lol: :lol: He's a fidget bum :grin:

My ex father in laws GSD used to do all that cos she was trained by a police dog trainer I think. She used to do that where they sit in front then go round the back to sit by the side. She was amazing. If you like I'll post a pic of her in the photo bit :grin: She's at rainbow bridge now though bless her :-(
  10. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Oooooh yes please tj, try and find a pic of her, I love looking at them all. :grin:

Yeah, me too Wolfie! Mind you, saying that, if I stop to chat to somebody on the local green,cassie will always go off about 30 yards away and just sit there, watching me, waiting. She used to do the same thing when I poo picked the horses field sometimes, or was busy pulling ragwort in there, she would go right to the middle and just sit there, watching me! Strange isn't it, you'd think she would want to be with me following me around, but for some strange reason she thinks she can keep a better eye on me from a distance! :? :grin:
  11. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Ok, just off to post a pic of Zena :grin:

Helen, Cassie sounds so comical :lol: :lol: :lol: How cute is that :grin:
  12. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    My GSD is learning as fast as I can teach him now. He’s made great strides towards being civilized and I’m very proud of him. I’m 80% sure his trainer and I can teach him to settle. At least for a little while.
    AND—How in the world can I put the little round picture of my dog up where our names go? I see other people’s dog pictures. The picture thing doesn’t like me....I have too many pixels or something like that, which I don’t understand.