Met a Welsh Springer Spaniel today. General Chat

Discussion in 'Welsh Springer Spaniel' started by Ramble, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble

Met a Welsh Springer Spaniel today.

I met my first today and he was lovely! :grin:
    As we wandered away from him even my oH said 'now, I'd have one of them!!!!!' :shock: He never says that....:shock:

The dog was lovely though!!!! :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Dale's mum

Dale's mum New Member

Name:
    Janice
    I've known a few Welsh springers. They're all beautiful dogs with fantastic natures too. I could be easily tempted..........
  4. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    You're not the only one! He was lovely. Amazing eyes.
  5. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Ailsa......... behave ;)
    [​IMG]
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    My friends have 2 Merlin and Dylan and I think they're as mad as a box of frogs :lol: They had litter brothers from pups although they are getting on a bit now they're still nutty as a fruit cake, gentle but nuts.
  7. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    I think that was the appeal....
  8. trilby

trilby New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    We have a 6 month old one - who is turning into the most fantastic family pet -really, really loving, energetic, trainable and good with chilkdren - highly recommend them
  9. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    My friend had one called Ben and he was so loving and gentle with kids, but was full of energy and fun!!! We also had one that we used to see on walks and he although he was getting on, he still was energetic old boy:grin: I think they are lovely too:p
  10. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    They are lovely, very, very scatty though! Would suit you with having a Flattie! :lol:
  11. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    They never seem to grow up either, Morgie was like a puppy until the day he died at 13. Maybe i'm biased but I'd never be without one, also there one of the few breed that look the same as they did years ago. Libbys due any day now I need you all to keep your fingers crossed for a nice girl to show.
    By the way Sarah we need photo's of the lovely Rosie, does she look like Bron.
  12. trilby

trilby New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    will post some pictures - she is leggy and adolescent at the moment -
  13. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    So's Roscoe, he looks like a giraffe. :(, they always go a bit weird at 5/6 months. Rosies Brother Roddie from the last litter looked awful til he was 12 months old and grew into his head :D
  14. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Don't you dare start posting pics!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :blush:

They look lovely and sound lovely!

Rips...can you imagine the madness that would be my house? It' s bad enough now....
  15. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Cosmo and a welhie together sounds like a combination for a house full of fun and mischief.
  16. sjpurt

sjpurt New Member

Name:
    sam
    oh i want to see pics big time, i am really thinking of getting one of these pups. xx
  17. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Libbys due on the 12th to the first mating but to be honest her mums always an early girl and her sister was 5 days early so we think she might be due in the next few days.
    You'll all have piccies and video's til your bored to death.
  18. trilby

trilby New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    can't emphasise enough what a fabulous family pet this one is even with her mad five minutes twice a day ...this is my first dog since I was a child and as long as i give her lead walks twice a day she is really good.....and lives up to the Velcro tag that welshies have - evreywhere i go there she is.......
  19. morganstar

morganstar New Member

Name:
    Jacquie
    Roscoes the same if I dont close the door he follows me to the loo. At the moment he seems really taken with Spence he follows him everywhere, poor Spence never thought he was a dog and cant understand it :D
  20. sjpurt

sjpurt New Member

Name:
    sam
    oh i cant wait morganstar will be waiting for that all important pic and vid i am getting all excited for you now...lol
  21. Westie_N

Westie_N New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    Right, I came to this thread looking for piccies, now where are they? Come on, get posting all you Welshie owners! :mrgreen:

We have a few Welshies at training classes and I'm growing increasingly fond of the breed. I never thought I'd fall for a Gundog but I am with this breed!

They seem to have super temperaments, are full of fun and carry on, work well at training but do what they like at training at times. They some amount of character though and are very sweet.

Really like them.