Miniature Pinscher info please General Chat

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by jaymacv, Aug 27, 2012.

1. jaymacv

jaymacv New Member

Name:
    Jay

Miniature Pinscher info please

Hello again :grin:
    Some of you may remember me (not been on in a loong time) from when I got my pug? She is beautiful and cheeky still!
    Anyway, a wee breed I have recently looked at and liked are minpins. I would just like some info firsthand from owners or people who know them. Also, the sort of general price range? It's strange for me not knowing because any pug owner is aware of the hefty (but worth it!) price from quite early on in researching, it is made so clear. Thanks in advance :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. guesty

guesty New Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Hi, Minpins are a great little dog. If you go to the Dog breeds section on this forum the description is spot on and the main picture is of my dog Jerry. He has turned out to be the best family dog, my daughters are now 12 and 8, and he loves to be close to and part of all the action around the house. I was surprised at the amount of exercise he needed and walks of an hour or more are needed every day. Loves the sun, hates the cold and wet. One warning though, Minpins are small, 3-4kg, and have very fine bones and he can get under your feet. I have sent him skidding across the kitchen several times!. We paid £500 for him and it has been the best £500 i have ever spent.
  4. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Can only echo what guesty said. I haven't regretted going for a min pin for one minute. The tyrants of the miniature dog world, fiesty and brave - they love barking and biting when puppies but I've found her easier to train than any other dog I've ever owned.

Just forked out well over £1200 to fly her over to the UK with me - couldn't bear to be apart from her for more than a week or two.
  5. jaymacv

jaymacv New Member

Name:
    Jay
    Thanks you two!
    They really seem like cracking wee dogs.
  6. guesty

guesty New Member

Name:
    Andrew
    One other thing to add, he loves agility training and i would assume that all minpins will be the same.
  7. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    They are intelligent, loving, loyal, trainable, smart, easy to groom little dogs. I would expect to pay around £700 - 800for a puppy from a reputable breeder.

There are breeders that will charge more, but that doesn't guarantee a better dog.

Have a look at

http://www.miniaturepinscherclub.co.uk/ and speak to Harriet the secretary if you are serious about getting a min pin.