Minpin barking Questions

Discussion in 'Miniature Pinscher' started by Angus69, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Angus69

Angus69 New Member

Name:
    Gilbert Misson

Minpin barking

Hi folks.It's been a while since I was on this forum. I am having a problem with Delta barking, Our neighbor has two Border collies running in a run just outside our kitchen dining room window that are bored out of their mind & bark at the slightest noise setting Delter barking which is quit annoying. especially if she is sitting on my knee which she often is, Does anyone out there have any ideas that might stop her barking every time the neighbors dogs bark. She is a great little watch dog & nothing get past our house with out her noticing she usually just gives a short little ruff & they continue on their way.But the dogs next door get her throwing her head back & really making a noise. I am at a loss as to what to do to break the habit..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We live next door to two Jack Russell Terriers, so I feel your pain.
    If you do solve this problem, let me know first.
    I tried a spray collar on Eddie, it did work, but he knew that it was there and he looked so miserable wearing it. It didn't seem fair when it isn't him that instigates the noise, so that idea was abandoned.
  4. Angus69

Angus69 New Member

Name:
    Gilbert Misson
    Hi Carolec thanks for your reply, It's a difficult know what to do when it's neighbors dogs causing the problem & we have to try & stop our dogs barking because of them. We only have a paling fence between their dogs. Delta plays ball on the cement area at the back of the house & tends to ignore them barking while she is playing but it's so noisy for us we have to stop & go back inside & play in the hall.Confronting the neighbors mite be the only option left for us.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I really sympathies although I do not have a problem with a neighbour's dog barking but having a Dachshund/Minpin cross who is a barker herself, and who barks at cars stopping/parking outside [unless it is someone she knows who is going to come in here], or a stray/loose dog, and certain people walking past, I have had to close my ears.

Unless she gets hysterical in which case it is "IN", the door and trissim [blinds] closed so she cannot see out.

Luckily I do not have close neighbours either side or across the road so the only person it bothers me is just me.

My previous dog, Pereg [the one in my avatar] also barked at certain people and I did try a spray collar like @CaroleC did on her, but it did not work.

So unless Tikva is distressed, or if anyone complains, which is highly unlikely, I cannot stop her.

But at least nobody is disturbed by her her and no neighbours have a barking dog, so I think I am lucky.