Mongrels (x breeds) Discussions

Discussion in 'Gundog Forum' started by Discussion Thread, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Mongrels (x breeds)

Mongrels - Any cross breeds.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cumbrian Lass

Cumbrian Lass New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    [​IMG]

Kim and Sam are Mongrels since their father is a GSD, and their mother was a SBT/Boxer cross. They have the intelligence/loyalty of their father, and the speed/agility of their mother. Each have their own distinct personality and are very loving and loyal companions to all the family.
  4. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Kim and Sam are stunning, they look like such fun :)
  5. benjis mam

benjis mam New Member

[​IMG]

This is Benji - a little terrier with a bit of everything thrown in. I wouldnt swap him for the world
  6. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Gorgeous Dogs all of them! :)
  7. Wheaten mad

Wheaten mad New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Im not quite sure if Lizzie was a mongrel as she was meant to be have pedigree. She was defiantly a yorkie but im sure she was crossed with something, as she was huge!!! She was a rescue dog who was born on the same as me and although we only had 4 short years together she was my best lickle friend. She died of cancer and Cushings disease earlier this year. Here is a pic of her snoozing and one of her looking a bit sruffy and one of her posing for the camera darling!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sarah xxxx
  8. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Awww gorgeous dogs!!
  9. gordon lover

gordon lover New Member

Name:
    kate
  10. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    Aww kate, great pics of ickle lucy!!
    She looks fab! what a gorgeous girl!
  11. Julie

Julie New Member

Name:
    Julie
  12. mand p

mand p New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Yes um....my brother in law brought round his border collie bitch who weas in season.Anyway,to cut a long story short,my coc lab and brothers collie got it on when she broke out of the other room :roll: :evil: and now in 2 weeks we will have some x breeds :) ...so i'll post some piccies after they're born :D
  13. benjis mam

benjis mam New Member

all georgeous, Lizzie is a little angel, bless her.
  14. bellaluna

bellaluna New Member

Name:
    Jeanette
    Aawww Lizzie was a cutie.

Everyone else, your doggies are very beautiful.
  15. Stormey

Stormey New Member

Name:
    Phill
  16. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    They are all really bonnie dogs
  17. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    cross breeds are the best...no weak genes !!!

And when you get a pup, its a surprise what it will grow into... except when you dont realis you got a ridgeback X and it keeps growing...!!!!
  18. Archer

Archer New Member

I'm afraid this is completely untrue.A dog inherits its genes from its parents regardless of breed and hence if the parents carry defective genes they can be passed on to the pups.
  19. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    well of course i know this, i have my degree in Biology! but you are much more likely to have 'defective' (your words) genes in dogs that have been tampered with by people. Take german shephards for example, the inbred genes have bottlenecked the line that they are now rife with genetic problems and disease. This IS breeders faults, breeding for what the dogs looks like for winning at shows, and ignoring problems.

(sorry i know there are good breeders among us too, unfortuanly the bad ones have ruined it for so many)
  20. jess

jess New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    this is going to spark a tremendous row, i can feel it ! So suffice it to say we disagree.... my scientific opinion is that a dog should ONLY be bred from if it has

a. no known genetic faults that could be passed onto offspring
    b. has a sound tempermant
    c. looks good (i disagree, but hay we are always gonan have people who want 'pretty' dogs)

also before being allowed to breed, you should do some kind of course in genetics to fully understand what you are playing with.

Ok its not a perfect world, but it would be if i were in charge!!! (thats the german half of me speaking)
  21. Archer

Archer New Member

And what about the dogs used to produce the cross breeds/mongrels....how do people know they're not carrying genetic defects since they don't have health tests dome and have no pedigree by which to trace their ancestors and look into dogs with problems in their backgrounds.
    I AM NOT ANTI 'MONGREL' ...I was raised with the most wonderful one but think that when a sweeping statement is made such as ''cross breeds are the best...no weak genes '' It needs 'qualifying'...lets face it not everyone who reads these boards are experts.