More From the Wilmington, Ohio Show Showing

Discussion in 'Mastiff' started by LMost, Jun 3, 2015.

1. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost

More From the Wilmington, Ohio Show

Will be adding a video to this also.

Some really beautiful Mastiffs
    [​IMG]

Sarge the number 2 ranked Mastiff in the U.S. sorry only one decent pics of him. He was playing with the 2 Dogo's and a teacup Chi. This dog was energitic as all get out and the picture does not do justice he is built and 240lbs.
    [​IMG]

not that good a pic but the fawn in the pic is over 260lbs and also very nice looking.
    [​IMG]

Some I forgot to post yesterday of Mouse when he went with us June 2nd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not the best pic but a huge male in the ring
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Azz and GsdSlave like this.
    A great looking female at he show.
  4. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Will be going back Hopefully Friday, Sat, Sun.
    But will make it back at least 2 of the 3 days.
  5. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    LMost likes this.
    I go to different shows and it's always amazing how really different they are from Pit Bull shows.

Great pics. I love the Dogo Argentino!

Mouse has a nice dark mask
  6. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Azz, GsdSlave and 6JRT's like this.
    The first day and really today was nice because all the big judging starts Friday and there will be another hundred or so dogs there.
    Right now it's a lot of breeds and show people with younger dogs, and several beginners. CGC and TDI testing, OB I&II, along with Rally I&II. So it's a lot more personal environment.
    Starting Friday it will be a lot more business like.
    Next years show is in Texas.

2 more shots of the Dogo's he lives with, both the Dogo's are super well socialized.
    And seem to love the attention as does he.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    LMost likes this.
    True but it will still be a more relaxed environment in comparison to Pit Bulldog show. When I entered in first all breed show it was like Culture Shock!

One of the most beautiful breeds, only flaw to me is being white.
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Been to a couple smaller ones, and yes they where a bit more intense and people where a bit more snippy with each other.
    Other breeds are also very intense in there own way but not in the same manner as bully shows.
    Mastiff shows even a huge one like this are extremely relaxed, major showing and award days there more business like, but still very friendly to everyone, love to chat with basically everyone.
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I've never had anyone be snippy, sorry you experienced that. You will have jerks with any breed I suppose but I'd say generally people are very friendly and will talk to anyone. They are also very helpful which is a plus for newbies. I think there have been a couple of weight pullers I can think of over the years that had issues but mostly they're cool.

What you will see is different rules and requirements.
    You won't see dogs in play pens, dogs kenneled in the same crate or attached kennels. Dogs wearing chokers or similar. Dogs facing or crowding. People wondering around with dogs. I remember at one show there was a Mastiff in a large soft sided kennel which also wouldn't be allowed. A TM handler wasn't really paying attention to his dog, this was probably on 6ft lead as well and it walked into a CC which went off and the TM backed up. However it could have been a fight if the TM hadn't back peddled the whole thing is 99% likely to not happen at all at a Pit Bull show. The crowding in ring can also be a little bad. One dog tried to turn and get the dog behind her, which isn't on the dog point being the dog behind was fairly close. All my PB were well behaved, I entered dogs I knew would be fine and was hyper vigilant of these other owners/their dogs.

Sorry didn't want to derail the thread.