My Hunting Beagle. General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Oct 8, 2018.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole

My Hunting Beagle.

We got back from our walk this lunchtime, and as usual, opened the garden gate to let the hounds have a final wee before their lunch. Without hesitation Little Miss Butter-Wouldn't-Melt shot across the grass and grabbed what I thought was a ball.I called her and she brought it straight to me - it was a live rat! Eeek!!
    I told her to drop it, which she did, but it started to move, so she grabbed at it a second time. I put my foot on it and shouted for my OH, but neither of us could think what to do. OH grabbed a clay flowerpot and popped it over the beast till we, (well I - he would have let it go), could plan how best to despatch it.
    I won't go into detail, as I am supposed to be a let-live animal lover, but let's just say that it is now an ex-rat.
    What did the reactive and much-decorated Eddie do? Carry on blindly sniffing his way round the garden while my dainty showgirl demonstrated her fitness for purpose as a great hunting hound!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    OK - NO NO NO I AM NOT LAUGHING. Well only a little bit.

Yes I know you are a let-live animal lover but you know what happened to me when I got bitten by one of them. And it would not let go.

And the ambulance could not get in...

You gotta do one thing - hit dem wiv an 'ammer.
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Had to giggle at the thought of Eddy going about his business, oblivious to all the commotion.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Um no, I did not mean to 'it de ambumulance wiv an 'ammer.

I meant de rat. Wot I deaded.

As for Eddie - well he wanted to do what he wanted to to, so he did!
  6. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Blimey Juli I thought Caroles experience was awful but yours must have been terrifying.
    My sister used to have a pet rat called Roderick, I never understood why, but, she was happy with it having the run of the house, I didn’t sleep over at hers that often !
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    But it jumped out of the bin and would not let go of my hand so I had to dead it.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm grateful that this one didn't bite my babydog.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    You are lucky you did not end up in our ER room after having been bitten by a rat.

On second thoughts you do not want to end up in our ER room - ever. Unless you speak Русский

Especially not on a Friday night when the ER doctor is playing computer games and all I needed was a tetanus shot which my emergency doctor could not give me.