My Puppy is HUGE? Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by AlexDavidson, May 7, 2020.

1. AlexDavidson

AlexDavidson New Member

Name:
    Alex

My Puppy is HUGE?

Hi Guys!

I bought a French Bulldog recently from a breeder in my area. I paid quite a bit of money for him but he didn't come with papers or anything just his vet stuff. According to vet papers he is only 9 weeks old but weights 13 pounds! From what I see this is far to large for his age? The breeder was super nice and I got to meet his parents and they are HUGE his dad is a little over 30 LBS I bought this dog because I absolutely loved this breeder's puppies and what pictures they posted of parents. Does anyone know if this is far to large for his age? From what I read online it says he should be about 7LBS... 96239896_228208115145462_7724173290838687744_n.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Roman2391

Roman2391 New Member

Name:
    Antonio
    Malka, Chris and CaroleC like this.
    Congratulations on the Pup, He's a good looking boy. Frenchies tend to come in all sorts of sizes, due to them being a 'man made breed'. To create the Frenchie, many breeds were crossed, so depends on the line which yours has stemmed. Unfortunately with no paperwork there's no way to find out. From your picture (I'm no expert) he looks like a "proper" Frenchie. My boy is also pretty big, weighing in at a HEALTHY (not overweight) 34lbs at 10months old.

If you saw the parents of the pup and they were big healthy good looking dogs I wouldn't be overly concerned. All the best!
  4. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    He has a pretty guilty look on his face I reckon.... are you sure he isn't stealing the puppy food hence the weight issue.... hmm