My pup's breed ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Duracell, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James

My pup's breed

Hi,

We got Ringo as a rescue and he's obviously a cross but we're not 100% (not even 50% really) sure what he is, I was hoping someone here could help! If anyone else asks me what breed he is in the park or when i'm walking him again, I think I might have a nervous breakdown :roll:

Just a few notes on him, he's really quick to learn, he seemed to teach himself fetch, it took about 30 seconds to teach him simple things like sit, roll over and stay, he's really scent focused, if he gets a scent he's off and doesn't even seem to notice you calling him (incredibly annoying sometimes!) and he's full of energy all day long, even if we've taken him for a 3-4 hour walk, we'll come home and he'll just drop his favorite toy at our feet and expect us to play with him again, great dog, I love him!

I've done a bit of research looking at cross websites and looking for some photos that look like ringo, this is the closest I've found: beagle x pomeranian

Cheers :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    i know im going to be totally wrong :lol:

mabey i was thinking some wayy back - collie in there? i was thinking sizewise jack russell

cant see pom or beagle in there tbh... but thats me - im probabbly completely wrong so apologies in advance :lol:

p.s - how old is he?
  4. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James
    Hi, he's about 7 months out I think, the only reason we're currently going with pom/beagle is because the vet thinks he has the rounded head of a pomeranian and a skinny looking beagle body, and when we saw the photo I linked, it all seemed to fall into place a bit, but we're still not sure ;-)
  5. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    I'd say Jack Russelly cross - most crosses are from popular breeds and I wouldn't be surprised if JR crossed with a crossbred collie - looks like he will be a clever lad - beautiful too :)
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Jack Russell, possibly some Collie.
  7. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James
    It's funny that you've both said that it looks like he has a bit of collie in him, we had a boarder collie (Brandy) before ol' Ringo and every now and then we see it in him, the poor thing even gets called Brandy every now and then :)
  8. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Cute fella, and i would say JRX, not too sure with what other breed though.
  9. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    JR x with a JRxPap

Depending on the height of him
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
  11. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James
    Hi,

Sorry, I'm not really up with any abbreviations :) - What does Pap stand for? The only thing I can associate it with is Papillon.

He's about 33cm to the brow of his head, not including ears, because they can never decide where they want to be :)

Hey,

This is what I've been thinking now that I've had a bit of input, the only thing i'm not seeing is the leg height, when we've compared him to a JRT (or those images you've pasted), Ringo's legs look much longer and more.. er.. boney?
  12. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Pap x Jack
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Cant see pap at all.
  14. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    i'd say collie x jrt, reminds me a little of Patch's T'akaya and I believe she is that cross. Will be easier to tell which breeds are more likely when he is fully grown.
  15. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James
    Just went lookin' - This little guy/girl? (I'm new, sorry :)) - T'akaya is a beautiful dog, the tail is great!

[​IMG]
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Dont think Duracell is keen on JAck Russells!!!!!!!!
  17. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Yes she is. x
  18. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James
    It's funny how it all plays out really, we wanted to get a jack russell when Brandy (our border collie) passed away, in the end we got Ringo as a rescue and it looks like he's a jack russell anyway :p
  19. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I can only see JRT as well but I am not great at guess the cross.

He is a little cutie whatever he is :)
  20. AussieGeek

AussieGeek New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Im gonna say either a JRXPom or a JRXPap Im not seeing Beagle in him really.
  21. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    I can only see JRT too, but hey what do I know???:grin:

He is cute what ever he is.