Names for a Leo - any suggestions? Which breed for me?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by pxxuk, Aug 18, 2006.

1. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula

Names for a Leo - any suggestions?

Looking for suggestions of names for my new Leo... probably going to be a girl but suggestions for both would be good to assist anyone else thinking too!

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Great thread

Ok here are some of my ideas

Girl
    Ilsa
    Ruby
    Tawny
    Falon
    Sable

Boy

Hugo
    Axle
    Ivan
    Seth
    Victor
  4. Tee

Tee New Member

Name:
    Tee lol
    Baloo! From the Jungle Book.
  5. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Ahhh, great one. I like that!!

I thought of Poppy and Honey for girls and Bear for a boy.... I'm not very creative!!! I also had to remind my mum when I asked her that I will be stood outside calling out loud the name I choose in public!!!! :shock:
  6. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
  7. Tee

Tee New Member

Name:
    Tee lol
    LOL, that's funny because I thought 'bear' then remembered Baloo, lol.
  8. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Ooooh Raja!
  9. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Thanks for the thread pointer above.

So far I have narrowed it down to 8 names (yes, that is narrowed!! ha ha)... favs marked with **

Breeze
    Honey **
    Buffy **
    Sandy
    Mia
    BeeDee
    Bailey **
    Poppy **

Will have to see her and see what she looks like I suppose... will be sure to take pics when I go, just need to dig out the camera!!!
  10. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    maybe some thing will come out of her kc name?
    i know a few who have words that can be used as their pet name and it is easy.
    are your little ones parents "reds"............ some are more red in colour than others, but untill the coat starts to come through you don't really know.
    ie honey would be good for a light red and ruby for a dark red.
    there is loads of bears out there for the leo lads.........i wonder why.
    i like the name dillon for a boy.
    some on the names you like i know leos with them..........strange how people pick similar.
    toby was almost merlin or storm can't remember how it changed to toby..........
    hol was my girls choice she was going to be tia at 1 point.
    i have a habit of getting 2 dogs and both of their names starting with the same letter........ orignal........lol
  11. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Its funny you should say that Leo, my dogs have always had S names - Spike and Snoop being the last and current so I was looking for an S name but I like Honey...

I have yet to see them to be sure (I couldnt go at the weekend but am going Weds evening) but he said she is quite fair and so are the pups. The pups are crosses so we dont know what dad was (but lets face it, he had to be a large to x-large breed to get up there!!)

For now, unless anything changes I think I am going to go with Honey and see if it suits her. :grin:
  12. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    so your little 1 will be a cross.
    do you know what with?
    if its a smaller breed she may not need the giant breed food.
    mum's a leo (100%) leo?
    most of the girls are about 28/29" and around 40/50 kg.
    so if she takes after the leo in her she could be fed on a large dog diet for possible frame and weight at adult.
    but on the other hand if dads a dane etc then your going to need the giant food because of the parents size on either side.
    might be an idea to try and find out so you know whats best for honey.
  13. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Hi Leo,

I met Honey today and she is georgous... I am just trying to work out how to put the pics up!

No, she was in a home and no one knows what dad was and there is no one to ask. Mum is 100% Leo but dad is unknown, even after intensive questioning Lea is not giving up who the father is!!!
  14. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    but she is a pup..........
    so the people you are getting her from have mum the leo?
    i suppose if you treat her like a leo for food etc it might be the bigger dog out the 2 so as she grows will tell you if she will take after mum in size.
    does she look like a leo or is there any sign as what dad might be?
    please don't read my replies as snobby or anti x's trying to help but not sure how to ask the questions.
    you can upload pics to photobucket then copy them over to here.
    or if you like send them to me and i will get 1 up for you.
  15. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Yes, the people I am getting her from had her from a rescue place. 10 weeks after they got her (twice after going to the vets and neither picked up she was pregnant!) she had 10 pups. She is 100% Leo and no one knows what the father was at all. They all look like Leos... all varying sizes of fluff balls :grin:
  16. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
  17. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    it wont let me access it as its your account.
    send it to me
    m.scotting@btinternet.com

if they got her from the leo club as a rescue they should be able to tell you who was the breeder and previous owner, might get them some info on mum.
    10 is a average size litter for leo's, did they get any paperwork with mum?
  18. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Oh I'm useless!! They are on their way!
  19. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    ok
    if the owners of mum have her kc name i know a site who will tell them who the breeder was and find out her lines etc.
    the breeder should be able to tell them who was the 1st owner as they keep records of all dogs they have bred.
    my guest is they handed her to rescue because alot of breeders have contracts which you sign to say the dog won't be mated unless the health checks have been done.
  20. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    I think mum's owners got her from a rescue place not for Leo's specifically. She was malnourished and not at all looked after. He said they think they know who owned her before but wont approach them for some reason... to be honest, I dont think I would want to speak to someone who didnt look after their dog either, I wouldnt be good at biting my tongue!

Photos are of mum, pup and me :grin:
  21. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    you and me both........
    won't be leo rescue as the dogs are well kept etc.
    how old is mum any idea?
    pics are coming now.......can't wait!