New harness needed - again General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

New harness needed - again

Having to take Tikva's harness off to wash it I noticed that the chest plate had rubbed a bit of her hair off, so instead of putting a similar one on her tried to put a different style on her which did not have a chest plate. And after trying to get the little booga to stop her rolling everywhere I managed to actually get it on and am very pleased with it - especially as she cannot get out of it as she has done with harnesses in the past! :D

The other two with a chest plate, and the one like a Julius-K9 [even size S was too big] will go to Ram next time he comes for him to give to new clients. And I have ordered a couple more of these in XS size, as the fit is perfect and the harness is very strong for the weight. It is so difficult finding a suitable harness when you cannot take the dog to be fitted, and buying online can frequently be a matter of luck - especially from China, although I have never had any problems with things.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img...l?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.1.60093abb7EkNFZ#
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Which colour did you choose?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I had originally bought two, a black one and a pink one - not with leads though so each harness only cost $5.19 [postage free] - although I cannot remember when, and have just ordered a blue one and green one. Just because!

With the problems I have had in the past with harnesses either not fitting Tikva properly, or her walking out of them somehow, I had been very pleased with the ones with the chest-plate [and grab "handle" on top] but as those are no good now I will stick to these.

I always had problems with harnesses for Pereg until someone on Dogsey recommended the one she is wearing in my avatar, which is a well padded CleanRun ComfortFlex Sports Harness [with matching padded slip collar to hold her tags] but that is rather expensive. She also had an EzyDog Quick Fit harness and collar [actually she had two of each makes] which is the same style but also rather expensive - especially for a small dog like Tikva.

The ones from AliExpress are also the same style and the XS size is just perfect for her.

As Lexi, Pereg and now Tikva wore/wear their harnesses all the time, it has always been important for them to have one that is comfortable - and easy for me to get on and off to wash it. Not that putting on or taking anything off Tikva is easy, but then she is a little rock hard wriggler who is stronger than I am!

I do not call her a mini-monster little booger for nothing! :044:
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Green should look good against her colour. I'm afraid that I always go for boring black or brown with my dog tack - at least it doesn't get grubby!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    When the harnesses arrive, when being the operative word as it could be six weeks or more for them to arrive, even by airmail, I will put the green one on Tikki - assuming I do not have to struggle too much :roll: - and take some photographs of her. Actually the black one looks good on her and I do like the reflective stitching - and the quality as well.

Pereg was always so good about having harnesses and collars taken off for washing and clean ones put on, but this little booga is a real devil! I hope she never grows up though as she is rather cute!
    [​IMG]