New ownerFrench bulldog with longer snout General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Sarah casey, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Sarah casey

Sarah casey New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Fritz1825 likes this.

New ownerFrench bulldog with longer snout

Hi ,just recently got a French bulldog, its our first one and unfortunately we are his 3rd family and he is only 7 months old So we don't have much background info on him, we just wanted to give him a good home. We have been told he is a full pedigree but has no papers, I would just like to find out more about him. I have noticed he does have a longer snout than most other french bulldogs, can this mean he is not a full breed/bad breeding? Just curious. I think he is an amazing looking dog and would maybe like to get a DNA test done on him just to find out more, would it be worth it? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello - your pup is very cute and with a multiple background and no papers. there is really no proof whether he is a full breed or not.

If you love him as he is, then I would just love him, but if you are really bothered them maybe an DNA test would set your mind at rest;

He really is a cutie! :007:
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    He is lovely, you can't imagine anyone wanting to part with him. He looks really strong and sturdy, and the longer muzzle means that he shouldn't have the Frenchie tendency to breathing problems. It is possible that there is another breed lurking there - it could be my overactive imagination, but Staffie jumped into my mind. Even if he is pure bred, you would not be able to show or breed from him - though you could use the KC Activity Register if you wanted to compete with him in canine sports.
    His parentage doesn't really matter if he is a pet dog, but I would be curious if he was mine. The Wisdom Panel test is quick and fairly cheap, and the DNA database seems reliable for all the mainstream breeds - they say they have sequenced 300 breeds now. I won one of these tests in a competition and used it for my rescue Beagle. His result told me that he was 100% Beagle, and that he had British and American breeding. (A typical result for a Beag, but you do not supply them with details of the breed). Have to say that health information was pretty minimal though. If you decide to do it, do let us know the result.
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Wow, what a stunning dog!
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    He's gorgeous.

You love him.

Why bother with a DNA test when the above is all that matters :)
  7. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Looks great to me love him and enjoy your time with him. They are incredible dogs.
  8. Fritz1825

Fritz1825 New Member

Name:
    Fritz
    Longer muzzle is supposed to be healthier for the dog and reduce breathing disorders. I have been looking for long snout Frenchie breeder in the US. In Netherlands, they have a breeder that’s promoting longer snouts for frenchies. If you don’t mind sharing the breeder you got the puppy from that would be amazing. Thanks
  9. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    The OP has never returned since her post here in 2019.