Ni and kids Photos

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by kcjack, Apr 12, 2009.

1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia

Ni and kids

They so nasty LOL Kato just gets used to constant cuddles from them he amazing with kids if a little clumsy. JUst took this pic and love it. I have to say he has best temperament in any dog I have owned :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Brill pic's :grin:

Mine had never met kids until i went to my friends and they werebrill with them i was totally impressed xx
  4. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I must say wether nature or nurture have no idea but very proud of him he has so many dogs in and out and he amazing with them and people and kids, humm not rabbits LOL he likes to play with them to much.
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Mine are the same. They have very little contact with children, yet are very good with them including babies xxx
  6. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Super pictures.

I'm lucky to have kid loving dogs too.
  7. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Piccies are gorgeous.

My dogs are all great with kids as well. Although until I had Zane at 6 weeks ld, Oscar was terrified of ALL animals. I ahd so much work to do just to get him to accept that OTHER people are allowed to have pets that I thought we'd never be able to get another dog. But slowly he learnt and now I'll never accept anyone telling me their kids don't like dogs as I know now from experience how fantastic they can be together.

And if you ahve dogs who get on with kids naturally, that makes it even better - both for the children and dogs concerned.

Laura xx
  8. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Lovely photos, Julia. Kato is such a gentle giant.... :049:
    [​IMG]
  9. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    aaw the second pic its likehe is in pure bliss.

great pics x
  10. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Lovely pics he is such a soppy dog :)

Ela is terrified of children but i think thats because we have no children in our family and the only ones she mets when out are chavy little b*****ds!
  11. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Aww...lovely pictures

I do think it makes for very adjustable dogs when you have lots of different ones coming in and out.
    Ours are so used to it they are completely non-reactive......great stooge dogs :D
  12. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    My two hate children... Freya just runs away.. Noah treats them like another dog... barks madly. Neither of mine have had anything to do with little (toddler age) kids though.
  13. stimpy

stimpy New Member

Name:
    sam
    oh there lovely pics. my hex loves all children (even the ones im not keen on te he) my boy whos two is constantly all over her but she loves it and pesters him for more when he stops. x x
  14. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I don't know what modern day GSDs are like with kids, but given the Siberian Husky part of their heritage, NIs should be great with children. Sibes are probably the most child-friendly breed in existence as a result of their millennia-long history. The Chukchi Inuit people, who originally bred the dogs which were the fore-runners of Siberian Huskies, were nomadic hunters in the winter months and would pack the whole family on sleds to follow whatever game was available. At night, the dogs would be brought in to the tent/igloo to sleep with the children and keep them warm which necessitated a very child-friendly temperament.

Mick
  15. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Mo looks at them with contempt and takes herself off to the bedroom :lol:
  16. stimpy

stimpy New Member

Name:
    sam
    this is hex with my daughter. they love each other to bits and hex will follow my daughter everywhere. x x
    [​IMG]
  17. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    lovely thread, keep the pics coming! thanks for the history mick, i didnt know that, bet it was great for the kids to be kept warm by them!
  18. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    Great photos! I met my first NI yesterday when we took the dogs on a trip to the river. I never realised how huge they are! This one was 18 months old and was MAHOOOOSIVE!

His owner said all his doggy friends had stayed about the same size as my Bryan! Bryan and Pudding both said hello and had a little play with him, he is called Storm.
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    [​IMG]

Kaliska as a baby xxx
    [​IMG]
  20. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Diesel with my little girl in 2007, she will be 8 in June :shock:

[​IMG]

All of my NI's including the foster's have been great with kids!