NI article Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dsmem3429

dsmem3429

That's been around ages. I thought everyone had read it as when we were looking for our dog it was one of the first things that showed up on google, and that was 4 years ago.
    Why would you post that on here?
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I saw that louise, I think its very relevant, particularly for new comers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
  5. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    It's 6 years old. Anyone who googles finds that (or I did when I orginally started looking at NI) - why post this now?
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I never googled, it was pointed out to me by a friend as someone else was interested in another named breed of NI and didn't know much (surprise) so I showed them this and told them about the issues with the breed..

Why would I post it here? its a dog forum!!
  7. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Also.. that shows that the same questions being asked now were being asked then with the same resounding silence..
  8. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
    And will still be asked in the years to come :roll::roll:xxxxxxxx
  9. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    I just thought it was another try to stir things up. If it was more recent, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

Recent news would be the kc and what they're allowing - and only 3 (i believe) breeds that must be health tested before being handed out KC papers. Out of over 200.

At least the NI is being bred to look like a dog.
  10. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I will read this article and come back to the thread x
  11. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Bit confused by your post Tania.. I never posted anything to stir anything up.. AND for the record its actually the first time I've seen that article..

I thought the NI was being bred to look like a wolf?
  12. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Aren't Alaskan Malamutes supposed to look like wolves and in fact supposed to be (one of) the closest genetically to wolves.

May have that wrong, but why is there so much bad feeling about a (sometimes) wolfy appearance - my dogs don't look like wolves all the time, lol they look like soppy dopes most of the time - but with a more settled temprement?
  13. Greyhawk

Greyhawk New Member

Alaskan Malamutes were never bred to look like wolves, they were bred to pully heavy loads over long distances ;) They are one of the 14 'ancient' breeds however so are Saluki's and Peke's and they don't exactly look like wolves either :lol:
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I don't think there is bad feeling about a "sometimes" wolfy look.. its the "wolf look a like" tag they seem to be pushing that is way off...YES sometimes they have a stance like a wolf and their colouring helps..but same can be said for mals and sibes..but they aren't sold as a wolf look a like
  15. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think Louise is trying to say that it is because she feels that the 'tag' is used by breeders to sell pups at very high prices?
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I remember one episode of 'It's Me or the Dog' it was about a black and white Husky with blue eyes, he was described as being wolfy. It is up to each individual as to whether they believe a NID or any other breed resembles a wolf. I don't see why some people get so offended by it:?:
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Well there is that too..

What I mean is.. that sibes and mals aren't marketed as wolf a likes
    Shibas aren't marketed as fox a likes
    Samoyeds aren't marketed as sheep a likes

Why do they need to be marketed as anything other than the dogs they are??

Its like the "hard" tag that comes with staffies and rotties..
  18. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I see. Am I correct in thinking then that you feel the same way towards the Utonagan?
  19. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    are they sold as wolfy looking?
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Not sure if I can put add links on here :?: But I see no noteable differences ref wolf references in either breed.
  21. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    He he he... I have a sheep a like.... a wolf a like and a er.. spotless cheetah a like.