Nice and early this year Health

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Nice and early this year

Shula, our nurse, has just been round to give us oldies and shut-ins our yearly flu shot. Last year the vaccines arrived very late but thankfully this year they were early. I gather that this year's shot is stronger than usual and might cause more local tenderness, but that is not important. Being as safe as possible from catching regular influenza is the most important thing - especially this year.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Having ours on Saturday. Got to wait a week or so before I can book Gary's because the one for the younger folk isn't available at our surgery yet
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I did not know that there is a different vaccine for younger people - is there any reason for that?

Of course I was in the loo when Shula turned up and I heard Tikki telling me that someone was at the door in her "friend, friend" woof, so called out that I was coming - and I did not recognise Shula as she had done something to her hair - I just saw a nurse carrying a white insulated box. It did not help that she had the sun behind her which makes it difficult to make out faces at the best of times.

I had no idea that she would be calling as I was not expecting the vaccine to be in for another couple of weeks, but after worrying about the lateness last year I was so glad that I have had the shot well in time this year.

Incidentally Chris, how is Gary settling down in his new place, and did he finally get the couch [or whatever it was] that there was a problem being delivered?

Oh, and I had another unexpected visitor today, and one I did not recognise. It was the rep from my emergency service, who I have only seen twice before but when she told me her name I recognised it as a couple of weeks ago Amit said he saw her and she asked after me. Anyhow, she brought me a gift for Rosh Hashana! :)
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Our practice have yet to decide on a date for 'flu vaccinations.
    We are usually notified on our prescriptions, but last year, as Chas and I have bi-monthly 'scrips, the vacc clinics had already been held!

It is our wedding anniversary today, an unbelievable 54 years. Fortunately I chose a patient soul!
  6. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    I have no idea what the difference is in the vaccines, but it was two separate types last year too.

Gary is doing very well so far and loves it there but it's still early days. He's teaching the staff sign language so he's in his element

Happy anniversary Carole. We had our 50th in January, but I insist that it's me that has to have the patience of a saint :)
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Happy Anniversary Carole - and a very belated one to you Chris!

[​IMG]
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Congratulations Chris. xx