NID x GSD Pups , Advert General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by werewolf, Nov 9, 2009.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

NID x GSD Pups , Advert

'Big chunky puppies, 3 boys 2 girls. Lovely colours and markings, all healthy and growing fast, from health tested parents. Raised in the home with others dogs and children. Will be vaccinated, wormed and micro chipped. Ready to go 18th Dec. Deposits being taken NOW!'
    source: free adds site

I am glad the litter has gone down from being advertised at £600 to £500 but I still think it is alot , especially from someone who has claimed that NIDs are too unhealthy to breed from NID to NID, why risk health of future puppies breeding to a GSD:017:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    I also noticed her friend is planning a ni x gsd litter in the spring using the same stud....thats really stepping out of the box and increasing the genes :roll:
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Why dont you both approach her directly with your concerns?
  5. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Using a dog twice is hardly the same as using it hundreds of times is it?

Thanks for the free advertsing though. They are a really cracking litter.
  6. littlewolf

littlewolf New Member

Name:
    Elle
    I have a a GSD x NI, and he really is a beautiful boy, I seen this litter advertised too, not that i'm thinking of getting another (yet), but a good friend mine of mine is seriously considering it. However, these pups all look very german shepherd and a bit far away!
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Indeed your boy is gorgeous Littlewolf, he reminds me so much (in looks) of the long coated NIDs and Utes xxxxxxxxxxxx
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Lunakitty , I read somewhere that this GSD stud was crossed with a Ute is the past, I wonder what happened to that litter and if it was planned to increase their gene pool or just a one off litter for the sake of it.

You are welcome ref the advertsing, I am sure:mrgreen:

If you do not mind answering, how does this litter and 'other' planned litters of NIDs x with this same GSD stud, benefit the dogs? or does it not?
  9. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    From what I can gather, people's main concern with these types of dogs is health, and as this litter's parents are apparently health tested - what's the problem?
  10. tokiayla

tokiayla New Member

Name:
    Kay
    I was wondering this too....why this cross :? ?
  11. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I'm afraid the main motivation for this is ££££.
  12. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Thats a lot of money for a crossbreed!
    Littlewolf your dog is totaly lovely, but for anyone wanting a crossbreed I would recomend a rescue
  13. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    I agree...my pure bred husky was only $250.
  14. rosegallagher

rosegallagher New Member

Name:
    rose
    Exactly , i agree, folks seem to get angered on here when these threads get started. :neutral:
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What about your cross breed?:002:
  16. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I haven't got time to copy and paste everything thats been said before and it seems pointless going over old ground as you are not really interested, just trying to cause trouble, but if you have genuinely forgotten the reasoning behind our breeding programme I suggest you read our websites again.

You, of all people Nes, should be keen to see the gene pool expanded to prevent health issues.

The reason why our 'crossbreeds' are more expensive than any other run of the mill crossbreed is that we are using proven, quality, health tested stock - not just any old dog that happens to be in the vicinity, which is what happened far too often in the past and caused the problems we have in the NI today.
  17. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    My cat was $90 from a rescue ;-)
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats not a bad price bet the dog was a bit more though eh? :002: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  19. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    I don't have another cross breed, but I think we all know you disagree with that. Of course Lupa was more expensive...currency rates suck these days since my country is pretty pathetic. And she was flown to me....more expensive then a legitimate wolfdog or wolf hybrid would have been, and less convienent seeing as I can get a wolfdog just about anywhere, not to mention the more expensive Tamaskans that I could have purchased out here. But she's really priceless to me. And I plan to do it again unless someone starts breeding out here.
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Im sure there will be people here only too willing to accommodate you.:002:
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Sandra, it is a question of trust. One minute the wolf dog cross is the way forward, all of a sudden it is the GSD, which you had once said was a step back, but I do not expect you to admit to that. I hope that the intentions are good, time will tell.