Nigredo and "friend" Videos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Feb 5, 2019.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Nigredo and "friend"

It's been really warm lately. I pulled two fish to shoot a short video on them and the neighbors dog came to visit. She always does this. It is not new. They're never out with her. She's the one that chased off my Pooks. We can't let our cats out because she's often unsupervised and she doesn't like cats.

She isn't aggressive. She will growl or bark at us now and then but she won't bite. Her behavior today was interesting. She usually doesn't show so much interest in Nigredo. Maybe she wanted to mate or something. Nigredo is neutered and I'm with him when he's out so not an issue.

He likes her but I try to keep him from bombarding her as she is a little skittish and I don't allow him to follow her home... Even though he REALLY wants to. I could shout at her and chase her off, but there's no point. She comes around even when we aren't out there and I can't bring myself to keep her from drinking water. If she needs water, she can get it.

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Why does he need to wear the cone - sorry if I've missed him being off-colour.

It's always interesting to watch the interactions between dogs and the fish did get a look in :)
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I always have to battle fleas with him. Year round. BAD. He's doing much better with the fleas now as they are under control (but likely not totally gone), but he will sometimes chew the top of his tail when he is itchy. He did this pretty badly one day. It is healed almost fully but he will sometimes pick at the remaining little scab if I am not looking or there to stop him.

He was wearing the bell inside for a bit while I was in the laundry room. He does not need to wear it if I am right there... That's why I took it off. It does not bother him much seemingly.

I found some food on sale and he's been on that for a while... And I have two other bags I got on sale as well. I changed his foods for a bit to see if it had any effect on his itching. Nope. It was just the fleas.

Many baths, some drops, and many flea combs later... He is much better.

Attached Files:

5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’m pretty sure I’ve asked this before but have you tried NexGard chewables for fleas and ticks? My dogs never get fleas and I’ve had them on these since puppyhood. They are a bit pricey but I think you could get them from an online pet med site for around $25, or less, when purchasing 1/2 dozen.
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I have not tried them. Our cat got bad fleas from Nigredo. We had to take her to the vet after flea meds didn't work and she got red patches all over.

They gave her Revolution. It absolutely annihilated the fleas. One dose for an 8 lb cat cost over $30. No way. She also needed cortisone shots etc. After that, we begun to use Cheristin for cats recommended by someone. Has been working a charm. Costs way less.

I can't pay what the vets want here for Revolution. I think it would work on him though because it worked on the cat. Someone told us to try a medicine called "Certifect" for dogs. I will try that next.
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Ordering meds online is much cheaper than getting them from the vets. I hope you can get it in control. Good luck
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yes we get the Cheristin online for the cat. He's had the flea issues all his life. Our other dog never had the issues at all. A simple cheap flea collar kept all the fleas away from her. Doesn't work with him. Not at ALL. It's like his blood is sugar or something to them. It's odd.