NIS resignations Controversial

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Cheyenne, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie

NIS resignations

Very interesting indeed!

Subject: the northern inuit society - RESIGNATION

It is with some regret that I have decided to resign from my role on the NIS committee. I feel that my position is untenable due to my reluctance to agree to the various underhand, dishonest issues that are ongoing within the committee.
    There are many good, decent people on the committee who are working hard and doing there best for the NIS. Others however, prefer to duck and hide from issues and hope they will go away.

We have a president, who was asked to resign her role back in October, yet was allowed to stay until the AGM so she could soft talk her way out of it.
    The same president who has constantly been involved in controversial issues yet has always been supported by the NIS yet chose to attack me and tell me I was out of order because I brought up at a meeting the carelessness of her involvement in an accidental litter of pups. The same president who put her dog to a bitch that had only weeks earlier been re homed because it was showing aggression. Does that sound like someone who has the NIS and the Northern Inuit Dog at heart?

We have a Scottish co-ordinator, who happily admits in a thread that she doesn't have the local knowledge to do that role, and who does very little else, yet feels it's ok to viciously attack me because she didn't like the changes I had made to the forum/website, despite agreeing to the changes at a meeting.

And now, I have been pulled up because I spoke out against a suggestion (again from our outgoing president) that we should make up some questions for the AGM so it looks like people are interested.

As far as I'm concerned, the committee is there to serve it's members, and to serve them honestly. I cannot, and will not be part of one that covers up issues and blatantly misleads it's members. So my only option is to resign. I have enjoyed my role and I think I've done a pretty good job. So I walk away with my head high and with many new friends that I am grateful for.I hope the NIS can regroup and sort it's self out so it can continue to promote these wonderful dogs. The loss of myself and Ian Hoole (our chairperson who resigned earlier in the week, sorry you weren't told that either) should make little difference, it's you our members who make the NIS what it is.

As you can imagine, I am very angry with the way I have been treated and have been thinking about my position for quite some time. This latest, pointless debacle was the last straw. I hope that you will continue to support the NIS and will demand honesty and clarity from the committee that is there to serve you.

Ian
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Nope!! :x I don't blame them at all for leaving, I know I would. I do wonder what the implications of this for the NIS will be though, if any.
  4. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Wow well done Ian that took some balls and so refreshing people are finally doing the right thing.
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Took a while but glad hes seen the light x
  6. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    NIS?

Non Important Society?
  7. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Its sad in a way as what happens to the NI as I have an NI and he is such a special dog. Someone needs to get the corrupt members of the commitee and start a fresh and have always said with JK at the helm they will never succeed. If she loved the dogs she would walk away but its about the money always has been.
    Must say heads up to Wolfie noticed she spoke out as well.
  8. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Is this from Ian Taylor??

Are the president JK and the scottish person Mags Foster??

Good on him for standing up to the bullies...proves not everyone is in her pockets..

Lets hope more see sense..
  9. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Well.. it`s wonderful to see someone actually taking positive action.. when they know underhanded and bad practices are going on with in their own committee. Well done Ian!
  10. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I guess it could now go either way.
    The best scenario would be that the membership kick out JK and her cohorts at the AGM. The worst scenario (and to my cynical mind the most likely) is that JK and friends will regard the departure of the two Ians as "good riddance to bad rubbish" - make up some lies about them to discredit them in the eyes of the sheep and carry on - business as usual!

I really hope that the latter won't happen, but I won't hold my breath.

Mick
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Im pleased he has seen what is going on, and Im also pleased he has the guts to say so, those allegations against JK only show just what everyone else has always said, perhaps now folk will see who has been lying all along!!!

Well done Ian, our differences aside, I hope you can understand how frustrated people like myself got KNOWING what was going on.
  12. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Just being curious isnt one of the Ians getting married to someone else on the commitee?
  13. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Yes, that's correct
    [​IMG]
  14. tanya.p.

tanya.p.

Name:
    tanya
    Wow julie wondered how long it would take you!! Well now you own a full NI? what a miracle!! well done:grin:
  15. tanya.p.

tanya.p.

Name:
    tanya
    OOOPPSSS!!! Sorry JULIA must get spelling right eh?;-)
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    WOW a new member on first name terms (well trying to be) already..

Why don't you introduce yourself??

Are ANY NI full NI?? can anyone prove that given the peices of paper called "pedigrees"
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    The miracle is how nobody knew beforehand!!!:mrgreen:
  18. Lene

Lene New Member

Name:
    Lene
    Is this on the dogsey forum?? I can't find it..
  19. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    No, it's not.
  20. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    And so the sheep came in one by one.............
    Do I own a full NI, dont recall getting pedigree papers.
  21. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Mine have pedigree papers... do i believe them... nah! Not worth the paper they are printed on :lol: So none of us NI owners know what we truly have :roll: