No banning of pitbulls General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by zoeybeau1, Mar 9, 2007.

1. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni

No banning of pitbulls

i found this statment on dancing with boxers,lets hope more countries esp our own take heed.

I just heard on my local news that one of the cities (Middletown) in our county (Butler County, Ohio) will no longer ban pit bulls in the city. They are going to look more toward owner handling rather than breed. Also, they are going to restrict dogs being chained outside. Can you believe this??? I am so excited/proud of this and hope this is a start of more to follow. WhooHoo! Let's hope this is a start of things to come.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Well that's a start hopefully people will follow it and see how successful itis.
    Becky
  4. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    Thats fantastic news, very pleased! Lets hope thou they do crack down on the bad owners because this is the real problem!
  5. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    as a owner of a bull breed i feel for these owners being persicuted for owning a bull breed,but as always its a few bad apples in the barrel asual,lets hope the other states and countries follow suit:grin:
  6. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    A county in Kentucky also recently repealed their pit bull ban, and changed their dog legislation to deal more specifically with irresponsible owners and back yard breeders.

Much of the US is beginning to see the light.
  7. kristian

kristian New Member

Name:
    titch
    excellent news8) hopefully people will see them for what they really are
  8. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    Well it may take a while but lets hope Europe catch up with this then maybe the UK will follow!
  9. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    That Bull Terrier winning the Westminster dog show in the States may have helped(was it last year), especially because the winner has to do a city tour of the States. It would have raised a few eyebrows when people realised it wasn`t trying to savage everything in sight. Not saying this is the definitive reason the bans were repealed, but it certainly wouldn`t have done any harm.
  10. bignick

bignick New Member

Name:
    nick
    i hope this coutry will follow the us in the way they look at dogs
  11. whitefang1983

whitefang1983 New Member

Name:
    zoie
    i have two abs and i would like the goverment in the uk to dael with bad owners and not the dogs its not there fault it the owners that dont bring them up right so here hoping that there will come off the uk one too
  12. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    i to hope they follow suit being a bull breed owner myself i have to say that the ignorant stupid way that this country is going about the cock handed way of dealing with these so(wrongly) called devil dogs .oh it just sickens me to the very core . i blame a lot of the ignorant owners in their cock handed ignorant training methods or should i say the lack of not the poor dogs that can only react to what their taught :x