Normal Growth for Saint Bernards? Health

Discussion in 'St. Bernard' started by ambgirl, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ambgirl

ambgirl New Member

Name:
    Amy

Normal Growth for Saint Bernards?

Hi all.
    I am not sure where to post this. I have a female Saint Bernard that will be a year old September 1. She is a pure breed, but not an AKC qualified dog. I did get her from a backyard breeder and do realise the problems that come with that. My question is this. At this age where should she be regarding height and weight. We have been working with our vet in having her gain weight. For the past three months she had plateaued at around 38 kg. In the past month she has gained to now weigh at 42 kg. That is with the addition of feeding her Hills Prescription AD twice daily with her normal four cups twice daily. I just wanted to know where we now stood in growth and can't come up with a growth chart in search.
    Thanks and sorry for the long post.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule New Member

Name:
    Debs
    I have a very slim Saint bitch who is almost 10 months, Im currently trying to get her to gain weight. She is 49.3 kg. Their full adult weight is supposed to be around 60-80kg
  4. ambgirl

ambgirl New Member

Name:
    Amy
    Thanks. She looks better even with the few pounds that she has gained and has always had a good appetite, for some reason she just stalled in her growth.