Northern Inuit AI litters Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Cheyenne, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie

Northern Inuit AI litters

These are posts from another forum

Q. Why does it say that one particular dog is unproven when he’s had a litter?x

A. Hes down as unproven as it was an ai mating not a proper one,something we now have rules inplace about.

Q. (from same person) So he’s a dad but until he seals the deal so to speak he’ll be classed as unproven?x

A. (from same person) yes hes a dad,but how would you if you had a bitch travelled 200 miles to use this dog,[as youve seen hes a proven dog] only to find he wont mate your bitch,and then to find out that even though hes sired a litter it was done by ai and he hadn’t infact even mated a bitch,youd be pretty peed off with us for advertising him as proven.

Is it just me or is this really stupid? If a dog has had a litter it is proven to be fertile... Yes? So therefore the stud is proven and should be advertised as such, but that the litter was AI.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Well, if you look at the KC requirements for an AI litter being registered, one requirement is:

'The donor dog must have produced at least one registered litter naturally. '

So, to register a dog as a 'proven stud' once he has produced a 'natural' litter doesn't seem unreasonable.
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    So in answer to your question, yes it is just you.
  5. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I am not a breeder but if I was choosing a stud I would want to know if his only litter was an AI and the reasons for not mating naturally (eg. distance etc). I don't know if technically the dog would be proven or not but he has fathered pups so is fertile. IMHO
  6. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    A good topic but should this not be in the Breeders section?
  7. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I think in this instance the bitch was presented to the dog too soon and in panic AI was used - the dog then later mated the bitch when nature said the time was right.

Might be wrong though - but this dog has mated normally.

What people fail to realise is that this breed don't do things according to the text books. I have bitches that won't let a dog near until 21 days and can even mate up to 35 days.
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well considering the NI is not and wont ever be KC registered and that most of the NI owners ridicule it, why on earth would you possibly be concerned what the KC state? Seems ridiculous to me!!

A dog produces puppies because it is fertile, if its AI so what? Dogs are being "used" from all over the world by AI and some have never even mounted a bitch let alone mated them!!! Some show people even prefer it as some males become too over sexed and difficult to manage having mated a bitch. I know of a few males, different breeds, that have been dead for over a decade, one of them 20 odd years, that were never "used" but their sperm collected and stored and has now been used all these years on, Im VERY surprised that all the "experienced" NI breeders are not upto the forward movements in breeding practices. :roll:

A "proven" dog is one that produced puppies!! You dont have to actually mate to do that!:002:
  9. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    That would be the correct information, well worded..
  10. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thanks.

As said elsewhere - who is to say whether the bitch took from the AI or the natural mating? Dogs know best and don't go by the book!
  11. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I would like to see this thread posted in the correct place for discussion. So much could be missed otherwise for those with experience but with other breeds ;)
  12. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Well if you want to copy and repeat the original post I can't see a problem but I believe the op was referring to a particular incidence with an NI.
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Im sure NI AI will be quite understandable to those with "experience" :002:
  14. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Yes I was, but Luz if you wish to repeat my thread elsewhere I am more than happy for you to do so :grin:
  15. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Please note our TOU

16. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    That seems to settle it then - as the discussion refers to NI's and the OP had to rephrase her post as she named the dog which apparently was against the rules - then it is in the right place here.
  17. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    hi

i just wanted to say i wasnt going to, and never said i was going to, i just said she could if she wanted to, i dont understadnd why you quoted me for it and think it is a bit unfair.
  18. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    She quoted you because you suggested it.
  19. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Yes ok I put my hands up to that, but if you look back you will see I wasnt the only one nor the first, yet the only one picked up for it :roll: I have made complants in the passed about posts but have been ignored, and now it seems I am being held solely resposible for breaking your rules :roll:

anyway lets get back on topic.
  20. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    As this dog mated naturally after the AI who can say which mating actually produced the litter.

The dog mated naturally and sired a litter, IMO he is proven.

Perhaps the bitch just wasn't ready on the first attempt
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    You cant say, you are correct.