Northern Inuit Guard Dog!!? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Louise13, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

Northern Inuit Guard Dog!!?

OK then!!!??

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    How old is he as I noticed it says ''Pup''....
  4. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    10 months!
  5. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    .. lol they probably mean he barks ;-)
  6. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    :-( :-( :-( Awful.

They probably do mean that, but still wrong to advertise him as ''guard'' or ''will guard'' - thats worrying, what kind of hands will he fall into :cry: :cry:
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    the advert is wrong full stop :-(
  8. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I've found the ad, he's a beautiful looking dog which makes that advert even more sad. Poor, poor boy.
  9. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    He looks like a White gsd
  10. rune

rune

Full pedigree????

rune
  11. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I also thought that, he's lovely he don't look very 'inuity' (sorry guys) at all - but then again what do I know.

I hope he manages to find a home that understands him.
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Oh dear. I'm sure somebody will be taken in with all that rubbish.
  13. Adam P

Adam P

His temperment sounds gsd to me, most inuits I've met are very unguardy, more like mals/huskies in their attitude.

Adam
  14. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    More and more are demonstrating aggressive tendancies from what you read and hear.
  15. Adam P

Adam P

Are they? I'm in the southweast and there are lots around. I've worked with a few with fear issues (mostly environmental triggers though) and one or two with a really pushy attitude to other dogs (resolved through training and socilisation), but never met one who was really seriously people aggressive.

I have to say the breeders haven't done them any favours. I've seen some ''pedigrees'' were the family tree was pretty much a straight line (in breeding) to get the look of the ''wolf''.

I think its improving though, less money around for a £750 dog so less aggressive breeding practises. I also think people are going back to the basic cross's. E;g recently saw a littler of inuit x csv x gsd. I think a little genetic variation is a good thing.

Adam
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    not when it involves 2 of my beloved 'purebreeds' it doesnt ;-)

eta..my inuit is gsd in temp..useless guard dog tho ;-)
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well there are a few mentioned on a couple of social networking sites. [name removed] dog displayed aggression towards the judge at a recent show and was asked to leave the ring. I did also hear of a serious attack, but haven't proof of that yet. There are many showing dog aggression, several on here too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
  18. Adam P

Adam P

Tupac, I'm comfortable with the idea of cross breeding. Re the gsd temperment, I was really talking about the guarding ablity, they have alot of other gsd aspects, including the overly strong owner attachment that often causes separation anxiety. Seemingly a huge problem in this breed/type.

BD
    Not on those sites. Or into the inuit enough to really follow showing ect.
    I suppose one big issue is that definitions of what is/isn't an inuit are debatable. My friend had a husky/gsd. Loads of interest in him from inuit breeders, he was neutered though lol.
    I don't like to label any breed as ''aggressive'' its a very slippery slope imo.

Adam
  19. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hmm,comfortable because you get more custom eh?

how can u be comfortable with a purebreed being used that isnt known very well and isnt established in its own right?..all for looks??
    way i see it,its gonna line your pockets,till you use an e-collar on one,someone gets bitten,the csv blamed..then they are labelled dangerous..then banned
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn

I suppose the slippery slope is when you cross breed Huskies, Malamutes and German Shepherds and then claim the are submissive, none guarding and none aggressive. That cant be true now can it?:002:
  21. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Omg that's 100% White gsd! Idiots advertising it as something else and for 300!?!! I think it's so wrong for people to advertise dogs as good guard dogs.