Not been on here much except to lurk Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Tarimoor, May 31, 2015.

1. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne

Not been on here much except to lurk

So an introduction is probably overdue, have posted on the old site as well. I have three chocolate Labradors, Indie, Tau and Zasa, and my flat coated retriever, Rhuna, and also my rescue girl who is a type of fox hound, her name is Guilty.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Welcome Tarimoor, what great dogs you have. As a fellow hound owner, I just love the name Guilty!
  4. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    CaroleC likes this.
    I didn't name her, she is a failed fox hound, I took her in as her owner couldn't cope with her along with everything else happening in her life. As you most likely know, all hound pups within a year are named with a letter of the alphabet, so Guilty she is, she's obviously a G pup! ;)
  5. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Hi and welcome :)
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Hi Joanne, lovely to see you here :023:

All stunning dogs, but I have a soft spot for Guilty! :049:
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
  8. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Welcome to the forum.
    Great looking group.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    Joanne - you taught me about raw feeding. And when baby Ziva came into my life aged just one month, after I lost Pereg, she thrived on raw until circumstances took her from me.

Hopefully there will be another babe to share my home soon, and she will also be fed on raw. And I will forever be grateful to you for what you posted on Dogsey about raw feeding.

Welcome to Breedia my friend.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    @Tarimoor - I have no idea what baby Ziva was weaned on - she was barely old enough to be weaned, but I gave her the same food I had given Pereg, just cut up very small. Tiny amounts maybe five times a day?

You taught me about raw feeding, about supplements - and my beloved Pereg thrived until the epilepsy meant she could not cope any longer.

Baby Ziva would have been fine had circumstances caused me to be hospitalised and the person "looking after" her had not dumped her.

My new baby, who I hope will be with me me about two weeks, will be straight onto raw, and it is all thanks to you Joane for teaching me all about proper raw feeding and the necessary supplements.

You just taught me so much.
  11. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Glad to have helped, I've switched my rescue on to raw and she's now thriving, and coming out of her shell very quickly. I'm hoping to have a new addition later this year myself, if all goes well :)
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    @Tarimoor - I cannot buy pet raw food here so Pereg always had the same food as I had, from my poulterers. Only I cooked mine, she had hers raw. Chicken backs and turkey necks make great soup/broth for me with plenty of meat to be stripped off them, whereas she had them raw, straight from the freezer. I bought fresh, packed separately and froze before packing away. Things like turkey gizzards, hearts, liver etc - again packed separately, frozen and packed away, and I could take what I wanted to cook for myself. I just used to take out whatever from the freezer the night before to defrost and then cut up for her first "wet" meal although her evening bone meal was always straight out of the freezer..

But one of her favourites was ox lung - which I have slow cooked for myself but was never that keen on it. Ox lung has the advantage of being very light-weight for it's volume so a kilo lasts for yonks and is extremely nutritious. Also pleasantly cheap!.

And baby Ziva loved it too. Just cut up with scissors into tiny pieces and mixed with some defrosted [but not cooked] frozen veggies. She just took to it straight away, I had given her a small piece of chicken neck but apart from sucking the meat off it she ignored the bones, probably because she was too young.

So, when Tikva arrives she will go straight onto raw. Because just as I want to know what food goes into my own mouth, so I want to know what food goes into the mouths of any dogs I have,
  13. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Crikey, you're braver than me, I don't think I'd try ox lung!!

My lot are currently munching on lamb bones which I got free from my local butchers yesterday, raw feeding doesn't always have to be expensive, although a lot of people think it is, I pretty much feed my lot for nothing.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    I cannot get inexpensive raw so Pereg had what I could get. And baby Ziva went straight onto it. As will baby Tikva when she comes home.

Ox lung is actually perfect when cooked in a slow cooker with herbs etc [for a human - dogs love it raw!] Same with udder - when you raw feed here you can only get human food and you soon learn to ignore the yuck factor. And when finances are short, ox lung and udder is better than going without. Been there, done that, eaten that, and been grateful for it.

Bones - I can only get chicken backs/carcasses or turkey necks - "meat" bones are sold for soup and are more expensive. Lamb, in any shape or form one would need to take out a mortgage to buy.

But Pereg thrived on the raw food I gave her, as did baby Ziva until - well, until she went. Maybe what I am able to get is not what you can, but as I have said before and will say again and again, it was only thanks to you Joanne that I learned about raw feeding.

It also taught me a lot about necessary supplements bot both Pereg and myself.
  15. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Malka likes this.
    I've tried a fair few things, from buffalo to warthog, but I'm not keen on offal in any shape or form! The girls get it, but I prefer slightly more expensive cuts!
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    Offal can be offally good!
  17. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Malka likes this.
    It can be as good as it wants, just not on my plate :p