OH wants a NI General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jessica, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica

OH wants a NI

My OH wants a NI :lol:

Was chatting the other day about what sort of dog he'd like (he loves the basenji and labs, thinks the pugs are fugly :lol: ) and he said something wolfy looking... So i showed him a pic of a NI and he said yep, thats what he wants :lol:

Personally i think they are gorgeous dogs! I stay out of all the NI threads as they just get silly. I have told OH if he wants a dog he can have one of mine :lol: So he is not actually planning on buying a dog! But im sure there must be SOME good breeders if he decided he wanted one :roll:

Sorry, pointless thread.. Just thought it might be a bit of a light hearted one in the middle of all the argumentative NI threads.. And for all you NI owners, no matter what people say about the politics of the breed and the bad breeders, the dogs ARE beautiful :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thankyou Jessica x
  4. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Thanks very much hun :grin:
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes I agree the dogs are beautiful.
  6. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    My sentiments exactly!
    [​IMG]
  7. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Remember its the dogs that make them what they are not the people ;)
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I kinda think its the people that makes the dogs!! They are responsible for creating and breeding them.
  9. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Yeah in the breeding sense, not the metaphoric sense.
  10. CheekyChihuahua

CheekyChihuahua

Name:
    n/a
    I agree, Jessica. These dogs are absolutely gorgeous. I watch a lot of the NI threads because I really do love this breed now (not that I'd be having one - my Chis would leave home if they couldn't be boss:lol: ) I think I might be a little soft too, to own a powerful breed like this. I have the size behind me (I'm 5 feet 10 inches) but I tend to see my dogs as my babies and that probably wouldn't be a great idea with an NI:shock: The embarrasing thing is, until I joined Dogsey, I had never heard of NIs. I think that I thought these dogs were GSDs when I saw them:blush: Yes, pathetic, I know (only ever really taken time to get to know toy breeds).

As for the OH thinking that Pugs are fugly - arrrrrrh - poor Puggies:lol:
  11. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    I had never heard of the NI either before dogsey and have still never seen on... Met a Utonagan now, which was a first and a sweetie:) But still never a NI...

I think they are stunning dogs and would seriously consider owning one in the future. Probably rescue though as I am still determined to rescue my next dog...
  12. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica

Im fairly sure the feeling is mutual... They dont like him either :lol:

I hadn't heard of them before either.. But they are beautiful dogs. I've only met one wolfy-looking dog (couldnt tell you if it was a NI or not lol) and it was lovely! But, OH is still not getting one :lol:
  13. CheekyChihuahua

CheekyChihuahua

Name:
    n/a
    Haha, can see who's alpha in your relationship:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you, I think it's the same in most relationships:002: :mrgreen: :002: Men just need a little guidance in the "right" direction......................
  14. Jessica

Jessica New Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Of course! And that direction is the one in which i tell him to go :lol:
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    The breeding makes them healthy, of sound temperament, have the correct breed character, the correct look, colour etc... to me that IS the dog.
  16. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I have to agree with you there - but understand where Luz was coming from.

People are responsible for creating the dogs but the dogs aren't responsible for the politics surrounding them.

With human nature being what it is - give me a dog anyday.:grin:
  17. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    These dogs are beautiful and there are lots of good breeders to chose from!! Good luck! x