One large burned potato Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Jul 2, 2018.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

One large burned potato

He got a bath so I can stand being this close to him lol. He's such a silly muttley. Also a silly little bird built a nest and LAID EGGS right in the front porch planter! And I am setting up a new tank for a new type of fish I am trying after losing almost all my goldfish last winter. IMG_20180702_134037.jpg IMG_20180702_134258_kindlephoto-1839040489.jpg IMG_20180702_123450.jpg IMG_20180702_105728.jpg IMG_20180701_125123.thumb.jpg.5b4604ef2ba4cc5da11642c33609d67a.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Everything looks lovely, I hope “ muttley “ leaves the birds & fish alone
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    That muttley is the embodiment of a gentle giant. He is no threat to any other beings. He doesn't have any type of prey drive. He won't chase anything. He doesn't bite. He's a sweet boy.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    mjfromga likes this.
    Sorry about your fish Myra. It is always hard to lose anything that you have named. My OH used to keep tropical and marine fish. They are beautiful, but such a heartbreak when the tank balance goes wrong. Love the photos of the nest, also yourself and your chubby boy.
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yes we had a horrid winter. The pond froze. It destroyed the fishes immune systems and Costia claimed every last fish as it warmed up. The tank is for a tropical species called a Blood Parrot.

They are extremely friendly and I just really enjoy fish. They all get names and they even often learn to come when called and don't mind behind touched and hand fed or anything.

Oh... And the bird eggs actually hatched today...

7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    My favourites were Oscars, perhaps not the prettiest colours, but such dramatic markings and they grow quite large. Like your fish, they react to your presence in the room, and feed from the hand. So sad when you see the signs of disease starting, and know that whatever you try, chances are that you are going to lose them.
    Hope your little birds make it. Cats must be a worry in that spot.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yes fish disease is still very hard to treat. Most die even with your best efforts. There is no worry of cats here. I haven't seen cats here in years. Big Gray ensures they don't want to come here. The birds are safe but I don't suspect she will stay here long. She is scared of Gray as well. I love Oscars but they need super large tanks. Even a 75 gallon is considered too small for a single fish. They have TEETH as well so I don't want to try and hand feed them lol. So I went with a blood parrot. Fish are of course my favorites.
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He's been on grain free food for a while now. It has had no effect on his weight or anything. His coat and skin are doing well, his allergies seem better. He hasn't had any issues in quite a while. Got his fleas managed pretty well too, which also has contributed to his lack of itching.

His flappy toes still break and whatnot... But he doesn't ever seem to notice. It's odd. He can have half a toenail and not seem to notice. Once he broke it all the way down and it bled and everything and he didn't seem to notice.

He doesn't seem to have a ton of feeling in the toes. And though they have proper bones and ligaments and everything.... he cannot move them at all.

Attached Files:

10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    mjfromga likes this.
    Yes, they would have been much better removed when he was a baby - just a quick scissor snip at four days when there is no bone present. Though Pyrenean breeders are proud of this feature, (and one or two other breeds too), double dew claws are unnecessary in a pet dog, and are just a nuisance to the owner.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He was born on the streets or in an idiots backyard most certainly. There would of course have been no intervention at a few days old. By the time he got to the shelter, it was too late. The toes were already fully formed. They didn't even notice the toes. They labeled him as Labrador/BC. Clearly he's got some Pyrenees and some Labrador... But I have no idea what else.
  12. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Muttley has not bothered birds and they are doing very well. Does not seem like mother is going to move them but she may. Babies seem content. I never feed them or touch them, I just look from time to time.