Original Names General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Ripsnorterthe2nd, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma

Original Names

When I got Pickles he was a stray and came with the name "Pickles". It suited him, so he stayed that way (in a pickle! :lol: ).

Anyway, when we got Woody he'd been lucky enough to have a first home. But he had the strangest name. "Astro" (???)! Now, I'm thinking, fan of the Jetsons or fan of UB40! :shock: Thankfully we changed his name and he responded immediately - never really responded to Astro, which I've always found bizarre! :?

So, has anyone else got a rescue that had or has a strange or funny name? :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cumbrian Lass

Cumbrian Lass New Member

Name:
    Amanda
    Nemo!!!!!!! :shock: (not a strange name of sorts, but OH felt a bit of a wimp shouting that at the top of his voice :lol: )

Needless to say, that we immediately changed it to 'Sam'

The oddest name I think I've come across was a little cross breed who was called 'Dog'.
  4. Miss Potter

Miss Potter New Member

Name:
    Lianne
    I have just gained another dog and her name is Pooh!! :shock: I think it is after Pooh Bear, but she is most responsive to Pooh or Pooey! :? It is really embarrassing calling that along the beach or over a field! :blush: :grin:
  5. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    :shock: Just shout Boo instead! She'll probably respond to that aswell.

Must admit that is a funny one, must've had young children! :lol:

The old pub landlord used to call his dog "b**ch"! When he was behind the bar and no one could see the dog, they thought he was talking to his wife!
    "Get out of the way, b**ch"! Offended quite a few people I can say, funny though! :lol:

Also knew someone had a dog called Rabbit? Never did find out why! :?
  6. Cumbrian Lass

Cumbrian Lass New Member

Name:
    Amanda

:lol:

that reminds me, the other one I remember was a little yorkshire terrier cross called 'mouse'. She was so adorable and used to squeek like a little mouse, hence her name.. perhaps 'rabbit' was given his name for another reason?
  7. Miss Potter

Miss Potter New Member

Name:
    Lianne
    I never thought of that one! :shock:
    I went to the beach the other day with my friends that I havent seen for 18 mnths, and ended up chasing along the sand shouting Pooh (she is a bit naughty with other dogs atm, despite her 11 years experience!)and Dave was absolutely creased up saying that was the funniest thing he had seen in a long time! :blush: :blush: :grin:
  8. AxlAndChaos

AxlAndChaos New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    My old rotty x pitbull came with the name dinky .... that was amusing calling her in the park, everyone expecting a tiny dog to come running and here comes a big black monster :lol:
    Dad had an alsatian called tikka (named while we were eating a curry and i said it as a joke and it stuck :shock: )
  9. Gail

Gail New Member

Name:
    Gail
    My sister seems to choose odd (but great) names for her pets, the best are all Human!

Bobby's Dad is called Brian!
    Her cat was called Geoffrey

The bitches seem to be named after flowers or plants..... Bobby's mum is Nettle, and there's Lily and Bramble too.

I'm just not that cereative.... :?
  10. Trixy

Trixy

Name:
    Jasmine
    I just love human names so I tend to choose one cute enough for a pet :)
  11. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    I know a Mouse, Feather, several Astro's (is poopular in agility for some reason), a Humphrey and erm... a Squishy!!! (Squishy being a big GSD :lol: )
  12. shiba

shiba New Member

Name:
    kirstie
    my nans x breed was called biscuit, because he was that colour, and he tried to pinch them when he first came home. :lol:

i also know of an gsd called elvis who's owner was a bit of a fan. :roll:
  13. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel

I used to work a xbreed called Elvis in agility, the worst part was when he missed a contact (as he liked to do :roll: ) the whole group used to say "elviiiis, has left the contact" it drove me mad :lol:
  14. ebrcknrdg

ebrcknrdg New Member

Name:
    Emma
    my sister got a german shephard who was called Jepsey! Ive never heard of that name before. Needless to say she changed it to Jessy which suits her much better!
  15. Clair

Clair New Member

Name:
    CLAIR
    my aunty rescued a small cross breed called tissue!
    my mate has a dog called magot,i think she resued him,not to sure.
    my sis called her dogs pekachew and squats!
    i know some strange people i guess
  16. Katie23

Katie23 New Member

Name:
    defor - d for dog - geddit?

i thought it was ace - someone at the agility shows called her dog that:lol:
  17. charlie2e1dxy

charlie2e1dxy New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Mines called Muppet, aka Cassie.
    She is nearly 17 now and i have been shouting "Muppet come here" all that time, lol
  18. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    My daughter wanted to call Fudge broccoli!!
  19. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Charlie was Charlie when I got him so I left him as that, but I don't think i'd have chose the name if it were up to me as theirs millions of Charlies! :lol:

A few Maddy's aswell so i'm not the best name chooser. My b/f choose Dusty's name when I first met him, as I was hoping for a dog but the way it happened I got Dusty and didn't have any girl names picked out. :lol:

I'm glad now as if i'd have got a dog I wouldn't have had Dusty, and when I got a weimy i'd have went for a dog too, so wouldn't have had Maddy either, but probably something even more mental if it were a boy! :shock: :lol:
  20. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Ossie was originally called Uzi,because he has a patch of white fur on his neck which apparently remided his previous owners of the gun :roll: (Personally i think it was some sort of idiotic macho name) So on the day i got him Peter Osgood (Chelsea FC Legend)had died.So i decided that he would now be called Ossie as it was Peters nickname and not very far removed from Uzi.He responded to it straight away,so everyone was happy.
  21. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I was in a band a few years ago and our drummer had a lizard call elfa :smt002