Our first Bichon Frise Questions

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by RonL, Mar 29, 2018.

1. RonL

RonL New Member

Name:
    Ron

Our first Bichon Frise

Hi
    We have taken custody of Bertie, a 7 year old whose owner has become too ill to care for him.

We had been scouring various rescue centre to replace our previous dog, a Cavalier King Charles so were ideally placed to be able to help.

We've had him for 2 weeks and he settled in on day (and night) 1. Quite a contrast to our very sedate Cavalier!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. RonL

RonL New Member

Name:
    Ron
    Back again - message uploaded before I had finished it and couldn't edit it within the time limit (problem sorting out photo)

Browsing the forum for general information I noticed the threads about tears. Is this just the discolouration around the eye or does it include the light brown in the muzzle?
    P1030016.JPG
    Advice and comments will be very welcome.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Wishing you and your new adopted a long and happy time together.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
  6. RonL

RonL New Member

Name:
    Ron
    Many thanks - that is a very comprehensive explanation with suggested actions.
  7. Bijou T

Bijou T New Member

Name:
    Bijou T
    I’ve had great success in ridding my dog of tearstains by giving her a teaspoon of cream cheese every day. I like to use the whipped version because I can mix it with her kibble. It also helps with the chin discoloration, but doesn’t eliminate it. I tried the vinegar, but she didn’t like it. She loves the cream cheese.