Our walk yesterday. Videos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Pork1epe1, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara

Our walk yesterday.

Well part of it. For once the weather was cool enough for HRH to really enjoy herself. Much to his disgust I'm keeping the little black devil on a 5 metre line until they've harvested the sunflowers as I have a horror of him disappearing in them and my not being able to find him!

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    Prince G. looks like a mini Bouvier with that hairstyle.
    Is that one of the rubberised lines? I love mine, a quick dip in a bucket of cold water and all the mud falls off.
    Georgina is looking very sprightly - not so much catch up as lead the way!
    The sunflower crop must attract lots of birds. Do you get many unusual or colourful species?
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    GsdSlave likes this.
    I love seeing your two on walks Barbara - and I agree with Carole about the little black prince looking like a mini Bouvier at the moment - he looks so cute! As for Princess Georgina - wow, she really was galloping!

The way they both interact is lovely to see! :)
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Loved the bits where they were trying to play
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    I've been trying to get an appointment for the "hairdresser" for weeks now but she's booked up until the end of the month. I'm not sure what lies underneath all that fur ... hopefully a Schnauzer!

Yes it is a 5 metre rubberised line. They're made in Hungary and are very cheap. I think I paid about £2.50 for it. When I go into the city next I'm going to see if Alphazoo have a 10 or 15 metre one to allow him more freedom to run along the cart track with Georgina.

Hungary has a vast selection of birds. Where I live they're mainly raptors which we often see on our way down the country roads, either perched on the telegraph poles or gliding high in the sky. We have a woodpecker and an owl who have taken up residence in the churchyard opposite my house. And best of all on our way to the big city there are a couple of stork nests which have been there for years .... this year they had two babies who have now flown off!
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    GsdSlave likes this.
    It was the first cool afternoon we've had for months and Georgina was really enjoying herself. She feels the heat quite badly and even a gentle trot will leave her panting. Normally when it's so hot 10 minutes is enough for her before she scoots off home (by herself) and goes straight into the house for a long drink of water and then flops onto the kitchen tiles!
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hmm. that's a good buy. They are much dearer here. Merry has one of the narrower ones, about 1.5cm., which I let her trail while she is working - just in case. Only 3 metres, but it was almost £10. Same thing on Julius site £13.49 - Eeekk!
  9. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    [​IMG]

Leads like the one above are made to order by a company called Vagus.hu.
    A 10 m lead is £11.10
    A 15 m lead is £13.75 and a 20 m lead is £17.20.
    A fleecy lined handle and your dog's name embroidered on the leash costs an extra £3.50.

I've just ordered new collars, harnesses and 2 metre x 2 cm wide leads for my two.
    Georgina's having black with a neon green lining and a black lead with her name embroidered in neon green on her collar. Gwylim's having neon green with a black fleecy lining and a neon green lead and his name embroidered in black. The whole lot will cost about £45 which I think is reasonable considering they are individually made.