Pit Bull Fighting Ring Uncovered General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by MetalHeader, Feb 21, 2018.

1. MetalHeader

MetalHeader New Member

Name:
    MetalHeader

Pit Bull Fighting Ring Uncovered

The big news over here is Michael Vick, an American Football star, was recently busted for fighting pitbulls at his florida mansion.

Being that this involves a football player, its big news (as football is king over here) I was listening to sports talk radio today and they had a call in hour over it. You would not believe the number of people who called in SUPPORTING Vick, DEFENDING what he does.

Dog fighting is ILLEGAL! and CRUEL and WRONG, but apparently there are people in this world sick enough to consider it a legit sport! But I guess since a football player is involved and sports heros can do no wrong....:roll:

I'm just disgusted.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    GsdSlave likes this.
    It's not news anymore. That happened in 2007, which was over 10 years ago. It is wrong, he was tried and sentenced, regardless of being a football player. Also banned from being able to own pets.

I'd suggest not clicking the link due to do many viruses out there. I have not and advise others not too.
  4. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    I think anyone who commits this offense should be stripped naked, covered in cat scent and thrown into the ring with their own fighting dogs.
  5. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    For the purpose of? The dogs are the ones who will suffer fighting one another while the nude owner watches as they clearly find it entertaining.
  6. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    Really, you took that literally?
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Lol I guess so. Maybe because I'm a Pit Bull owner. They are demonized and misunderstood on a constant basis.
    Having trouble seeing the thought process behind this, even as a non literal statement the assumptions are not great.
  8. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    Meaning the people that ruin dogs lives by training them to fight and die for nothing, deserve to be eaten alive via the monsters they create, or some other gruesome end. If I read on the news tomorrow that a person involved in dog fighting was attacked and killed by their own dogs, call me callas, but that would brighten my day to no end.

In Ireland were I grew up we would see dead dogs and badgers at least once a week on the walk to school, from the result of dog fighting rings. They would break the hind legs of the badger and tie it to a post (or else they'd end up with a dead dog most times), and then let the dogs go at it. Then I'd see these aholes walking their scared up dogs around like tough guys. No one in our neighborhood could do anything about it, back then the cops even turned a blind eye to it. So lets just say I've had a healthy hatred of this sub human scum for a long long time.

Now I personally have never experienced being on the wrong side of a pit bull, but my brother in law almost had his calf muscle ripped off by one when he was 5, the only thing that saved his leg was the little leather cowboy boots he was wearing, he's 40 now and still has the remnants of the teeth marks on his leg.

The instinctive fear of these dogs today, like it or not, is actually warranted.
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Okay maybe that person dies, but so do the dog(s), would be put to sleep. Which a dog that has killed a human like that should be put down, but they'd have no chance at life once a deed like that is committed. That would be sad. It also would further cause issues for the breed, you might say great that guy got what he deserved, but other people- those who are pro BSL or hate Pit Bulls will just see vicious, killer dog(s).

They are not monsters they are victims. Men bred them to fight / posses these traits and continue to do so despite the laws. People can appreciate the good that came of it in the PAST and do positive things, rather than continue on in cruelty.

Even while you seem to detest the people who commit the cruelty, you still call the dogs monsters. Going back to your original response, it implies Pits are vicious, mindless, killers.
    If the owner was covered in cat scent the dogs would still recognize them as the owner. Dogs are pretty intelligent, Pit Bulls included, they are not going to mistake their owner for a prey animal / cat and not all will even bother or chase cats. Even if you hate the dog fighters and didn't mean it as a literal statement it is still a negative outlook on the Pits themselves.

I know I read Staffy Bulls were used to hunt badgers and the IKC also awarded badger hunting certificates and smaller terrier breeds hunt them, would they really be such a problem typically killing a the Pit Bull/fighting dog if not handicapped? I recognize that they see fierce animals and to be respected. It just sounds like a case of animal baiting to me. Either way that is horrible, now I'm going to have that info stuck in my head. :009:

Thats unfortunate, however I'm pretty sure many breeds of dogs would be capable of that. Dogs after all have teeth and medium to large dog could really hurt or even kill a 5 year old. My cousin who was older child at the time was taken down by a German Shepherd and had to have his scalp stapled back together. An adult women was killed by GSD as well. The first lady to receive a face transplant had hers destroyed by a golden retriever. Dog's are considered mans best friend, but not all are safe and friendly.

It isn't instinctual fear at all. It is very much learned, for a minority it is due to actual being the victim of a Pit Bull attack, for most it is due to what they hear.
  10. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    Hey I have an Akita and a Siberian Husky, both are in the top ten dangerous dogs in the US. I don't disagree with it either, I know the damage they could do in a very short time and I act accordingly regardless of how confident I am of their obedience. You're quite right though, any big dog can do a lot of damage or even kill. However some dog breeds need as much taming, as they do raising due to their nature.
  11. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I think proper management of dogs is very important. They are our responsibility. I acknowledge that I own a powerful, tenacious and drivey breed. Though even if I owned a breed that was not this way I would still be responsible, it is just that my breed usually takes more management. I think we just look at / word things differently. I don't think dogs need taming, they are domesticated animals. But they do need training and restraining - incidents I've seen with my breed have at times been an indoor pet with an unstable temperament BUT a big portion is either HA dog kept in a backyard fence that can easily be escaped and some cases the dog inside dog is human aggressive (total flaw) and a door darter (no training). Other times kenneled, chained or fenced yard escapes and attacks other dogs or pets. It is up to owners too properly contain their dogs and too many fail. Some might get hit by cars, impounded or poisoned and others cause problems as stated above.