Pit Bull Fighting Ring Uncovered Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by muttzrule, May 30, 2007.

1. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael

Pit Bull Fighting Ring Uncovered

The big news over here is Michael Vick, an American Football star, was recently busted for fighting pitbulls at his florida mansion.

Being that this involves a football player, its big news (as football is king over here) I was listening to sports talk radio today and they had a call in hour over it. You would not believe the number of people who called in SUPPORTING Vick, DEFENDING what he does.

Dog fighting is ILLEGAL! and CRUEL and WRONG, but apparently there are people in this world sick enough to consider it a legit sport! But I guess since a football player is involved and sports heros can do no wrong....:roll:

I'm just disgusted.

Here is an article about it.
    http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=119&sid=1150719
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. duboing

duboing New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Utter scum! :evil: I can't believe people are openly defending him. Disgusting!
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    They did the same with that boxer fella too didn't they. They complain about football hooligans but if dog fighting is an OK image then they shouldn't complain when people beat each other up.
    This is one screwed up world we live in.
    Becky
  5. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    How the hell can they defend this sorrt of cruelty , it should not matter that these people are famous its against the law and its cruelty in the worst form .
    Or if your slighty famous or really famous then its ok to break the law and treat animals in this evil cruel manner :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :shock:
    Iknow what should be done to him and its not some idiots sticking up for him :evil:
  6. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    what can you say......???? :shock:
  7. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Just recieved an email update from the humane society - Nike have agreed not to sell any merchandise relating to Michael Vick as they despise this kind of act, they have not yet terminated his contract as he pled not guilty and in the statement they say everyone deserves a trial (however I suspect them refusing to sell Merchandise speaks volumes)

and

Reebok who sell NFL merchandise have agreed to withdraw any merchandise relating to Michael Vick....

Bit of a result so far. In my Opinion at the very least this guy allowed this to happen on his property and again in my opinion, the more likely, he was an integral player in the whole sad business organising it gambling on those poor dogs and probably killing the poor animals who weren't "vicious enough"

I hope they jail him as a fine for someone of his financial means would be laughable. Wonder what would be the sentence if even a small percentage of these dogs had been people.......
  8. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    The fact he is a so called celbrity should not make a dam bit of difference its a cruel and illegal , and as for the so called ppl supporting him they should be ashamed to call themselves members of the human race im disgusted beyond belief xxxdk
  9. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Well he's been suspended by both the NFL and Nike pending the outcome of the court case. Other brands have also agreed to stop selling Michael Vick related goods.
    Becky