Plan or patterned collars? Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by chaz, Feb 17, 2011.

?

What type of collar should I get.

1. Plain

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. pattered/design.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie

Plan or patterned collars?

Plain or patterened.

I want to get the dogs some new collars, just to look smart, I was gonna get Honey a plain pink Greyhound collar with a heart tag, and I was gonna get Diesel a plain black collar with a tag, which I don't really know what I want for him right now, but I saw these collars, and now I'm wondering whether to get plain collars or ones with a design on, any ideas.

[​IMG]

They can also be other collars, but I think I prefer the darker ones,

[​IMG]

What do you think I should do, I'm also planning on getting a buckle or combo lead and collar for them aswell, I do think that these dogs get more new things then me sometimes lol.

Mind you I also like these, but if I get these then I will have to get matching leads too...

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    I think the darker ones are smarter :)
  4. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
  5. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Thanks, I also found these, which are baby pink aparently, and from the same seller as the ones that are on the link, but for some reason wont show a pic :?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm not sure of the ones with designs what I prefer, I am useless!
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I prefer the gold on black in first pic.

I could never have a sight hound...would have to have too many collars!!!
  7. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Ooh that is nice, I'll have to add that to my maybe list, but right now I've decided that I'm gonna buy the dogs, a house collar each, a buckle or combo lead and muzzle each, and a Greyhound collar and new leather lead each (I gave the last ones away with a control harness, well the dog was on a rope lead, and not being taught how to heal properly, I had enough leads and I couldn't watch her chocking herself all of the time), and try to keep it as that, as right now I have leads and collars coming out of my ears, but some of them are getting old now, so I'm hoping to smart mine up, and give a local dogs home the rest :) but now I want this collar too lol.
  8. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I do too, tbh I don't think I like the others, but that one stood out to me.
  9. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    It suits the colour of the table as well...the sort of pale sandy brown....;)
  10. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Lol, I wonder why that could be a good thing ;)
  11. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    They also have that design print in metalic Royal blue or metalic red, now I like the dogs to have a bit of a difference between their things, now is there another colour other then the gold which would suit any of them...
  12. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    :lol: - decisions decisions!
  13. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Well Diesel can't have red, as he is red, but the blue may look alright...as long as it is royal blue and their not lying and its the light colour on the gold, but I think thats meant to be silver? I think that Honey needs the gold, although I want to get her a silver and pink dog tag...
  14. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I like that one too! You don't need to have a sight hound to have lots of collars-someone we know with a Staffy has about 30!
  15. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    What do you think, or will it be too much? Also I'm not gonna get all of this at the same time, but I will do eventually over the next couple of months or so, we're not desperate, and I kinda want to be sure, as I have spent so much on collars etc in the past.

Honey.
    Black collar with gold Greyhound,
    Black buckle lead and collar with pink muzzle,
    Silver and pink dog tag,
    Pink (outer) and Hyancinth (lining) coat from kitsh dog coats, well might get a different fleece I'm not sure.
    http://www.kitschcollars.com/dog coats.htm

Diesel.
    Black and royal metalic blue Greyhound collar,
    Black collar and buckle lead with blue muzzle,
    Navy coat with red stars from Kitsh,
    not sure of tag though.

Do you think that these will look nice, or will it be too much?
  16. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Mind you, I like this dog tag,

[​IMG]
  17. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Er I think you may have to employ a security guard to protect your dogs' accessories when you take them out!:grin:
  18. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Diesel's my gaurd dog lol.
  19. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Throws 'collars r us' into the mix and runs for cover:)
  20. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    I like plainer ones personally. I had up until this week got a blue pawprints house collar for axel with a blue bone tag...I've just switched to a padded black nylon collar and silver tag...I must prefer how he looks with this as it doesn't distract for being able to gawp at his beauty :D
  21. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I know....but mine all have quite thick coats...so you loose the effect of nice collars.

...or...at least that's what I keep telling myself!!