Please help me with the breed ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by arjunshrivatsan, Sep 16, 2007.

1. arjunshrivatsan

arjunshrivatsan New Member

Name:
    Arjun

Please help me with the breed

I just got my first pup at home... she is three and half months old and was orphaned.

I am not sure about the breed , all i can guess is that she must be a cross-breed

Can some one please help me?

Thats Toffee!!
    [​IMG]

Another picture

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2007
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Sorry the pics don't come up for me!
    Becky
  4. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    No pictures
  5. thandi

thandi New Member

Name:
    Debs
    yup, its a 'x' breed! :lol:

sorry - the pics dont come up for me either.
  6. arjunshrivatsan

Name:
    Arjun
    I have posted the pics again please help me now
  7. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    She's cute! Some kind of terrier mix I would guess!
  8. arjunshrivatsan

Name:
    Arjun
    Thanks !!! :grin:

How do i train her.... i just made her understand the word sit.... but every time i say sit... she goes to the same place and sits.... :lol:

and she always needs something in her mouth... to chew... is it normal for a pup?
  9. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    She is beautiful, absolutely stunning, bless her little heart.

She looks to me as if she has Pharoah hound or similar in her, I don't know if you have them in India :?

Whatever she is it would appear to be a perfect match genewise, I can't get over how delightful she is.

It is perfectly normal for pups to want to have something in their mouths, I expect she is still teething so needs something to chew, just make sure she has lots of toys otherwise she'll probably chew your furniture and anything else she can get her teeth into. ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing lots more photos of her. :grin:
  10. arjunshrivatsan

Name:
    Arjun
    your post has got me all smiles.... Thanks a lot for those wonderful words.... Toffee will be delighted to hear this from you....

I will post more pictures of her soon....

Thanks again.....
  11. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    I would say a Terrier mix too. Whatever she is gorgeous.
  12. thandi

thandi New Member

Name:
    Debs
    she looks Podengo (ish), but whatver she is, she's a pretty girl!!

She is a also a very clever girl if she is going back to the same place to sit!
    Yes, it is is normal for pups to want to have something in their mouths - its how they learn about the world around them - just like babies who initially put everything their mouths :)
    If she has something you dont want her to have, just remove it from her without a word, and exchange it for something she is allowed, telling her she is a good girl.

HTH
  13. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    She's beautiful, I can't tell how big she is but I'd say maybe a terrier hound mix, possibly Ibizan but not sure whether you'd have them in India either.
    Maybe just call her the National Hound of India lol!
    Whatever she is she clearly is very intelligent and you are going to have to teach her that when you say sit it is anywhere by taking her out to train her so she can't go back to where she first learnt to sit!
    Lots more piccies please!
    Becky
  14. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

15. Dolly

Dolly New Member

Name:
    Mary
    Lovely girly, Toffee really suits her!
  16. tinkladyv

tinkladyv New Member

Name:
    Gem
    Terrier mix def but what with.....not a clue, but that does not matter, she is gorgeous...whats her story?
  17. arjunshrivatsan

Name:
    Arjun
    Hello,

Thanks for those lovely words.... I am posting more pictures of her.

And will tell her story in the next post in a few minutes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2007
  18. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    Aw!! What a cutie -pie, such a pretty face!! And such lovely eyes!!:smt007 :smt007 She does look like she has terrier in her. She will chew all the time as she is still young, though saying that, my Jamie is still chewing and he is 1 year on Friday!!:lol: He had nylabones and rubber bones and tuggers to gnaw on...
    She is one beautiful puppy though!!:grin:
  19. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Oh she's really sweet, I hope you have lots of fun and love from your new little pet. You must get her some toys to play with and chew on if she's only a puppy, otherwise, she might be eating things you don't want her to chew on, like your best furniture! She really is a sweetie, have fun with her.:)
  20. arjunshrivatsan

Name:
    Arjun
    how to stop her from wanting to bite people..... i mean she has a liking to jump on people and first she starts licking.... and starts to bite.... not painful though.... but it does scare people and sometimes may cause people to be angry at her
  21. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Yes, this is common in pups, and if you haven't got something for her to chew or bite on, she will probably use you!!!:grin: Someone will be able to help you out with this if you post a thread in the training and behaviour section - I can't help you on this I'm afraid!

p.s. If you delete your pictures in Photobucket or whatever you are using, then you lose the link and they go from here! Mine have disappeared from this thread anyway, so I'm assuming you've deleted them?:)