Ponche update Questions

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by Beano, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Beano

Beano New Member

Name:
    Lyndon

Ponche update

Hi there an update on our lovely little bundle of joy (???):p..she's doin so well she's 15 weeks now looks abit like a giraffe gazelle hyena :)...but beautiful...still nipping ,but my wife worse ,could do with some advice ..it gets her abit down after nipping nipping and more nipping ..also walks ? How long should she walk for I have a lovely big woods up the rd from me and I take her up there for about half hr then just round the block at nights..I've read that too much exercise can cause problems later in life.? She's doin well with obedience she sits waits lays down jumps through a hoop ! Comes back when called ..she's a lovely dog just has frenzy moments nipping and you can't stop her apart from putting her in her crate..any other advice ..is this a b.c puppy thing and how long will it last ..well that's it so far for our Ponche xxx

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    She's at the height of teething. Another week will see her teeth start to come out and you'll find that when that happens the nipping lessens considerably.
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Nipping is terrible isn’t it? The more you squeal and flap your hands around the more she will thinks it’s a game, so heightened is the nipping.
    It really is a phase and will pass, all I can suggest is every time she starts pass a toy to he and hopefully she will take that instead. We tied old pillowcases into knots and gave them to our teething pup, that help.
    It will pass though, stick with her !
  5. Beano

Beano New Member

Name:
    Lyndon
    Thanks for the advice